Thread: Remote starter, es no push button?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Question Remote starter, es no push button?

I know the electrical on these cars are super sensitive, what's one system would you guys recommend that's tried and tested, and how much harder is it to get it to work on an es without the pushbutton start.

SIMPLIFY THEN ADD LIGHTNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by 2024mirage View Post
    I know the electrical on these cars are super sensitive, what's one system would you guys recommend that's tried and tested, and how much harder is it to get it to work on an es without the pushbutton start.
    It's doable. The dealer you bought your car from either installed remote starts in-house or farmed-out the work. 2 cars work bought from them showed up with remote starts when new.

My previous 2014 came with the same brand remote start too but the previous owner had someone disable it cause it was draining the battery. And by disable, they removed the unit and left the wiring in place. I reinstalled the same unit from a different car and programmed a remote for it but couldn't figure out how to make it bypass the imobilizer so I pulled it back out and lived without it.

I'm pretty sure the brand was idatastart? https://www.idatastart.com/en/ Or not... At least that's the brand that the dealer installed in the wifes korean trash can. It works with the aftermarket fob or by hitting the oem fobs lock button a bunch of times.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

2024mirage (03-24-2024)