Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your greatest annoyance about the Mirage?

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts

What is your greatest annoyance about the Mirage?

We all know about the virtues of the Mirage, but what leads the hit-list in terms of annoyance?

For me, two things above all are really annoying:

A.)
    The most uncomfortable driver seat!
    The cushioning is much too shallow and too hard. It makes my butt ache, and, to make things worse, the front part of the seat pushes onto the rear part of the thigh of my right leg, inhibiting normal blood circulation.
    The seat back is absolutely not anatomically shaped, and thus causes backache.
    The headrest forces me to poke my head forward while driving. In total most uncomfortable! Mitsubishi could learn a lot about seats from FIAT or Peugout.

B.)
    The crappy steering with too much internal friction, sticky and with almost no self-centering.

Just for the record:
    I do a lot of very long-distance driving, occaisionally with workmates in the car. Some have volonteered to drive it once, but they all flattly refuse driving it a second time! They complain after an hour or so their hands and wrists hurt from the crappy steering, and their rear end and back hurts from the "wooden style" seat.

Last edited by foama; 12-24-2017 at 10:33 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    I find my Mirage seats to be the most comfortable seats of almost any car I have driven. If it matters any my front seat has an elevation adjustment though I don't use it.

I do tend to agree about the steering, though I suppose it works fine. I wonder how it would do with manual steering.

I suppose I could complain about the handling, but even that is acceptable to me considering what I paid. It's not intended to be a sports car.

In all, I think it's pretty much fine as it is.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Cabin noise. Even with sound deadening it's still loud. Especially on highway and under acceleration.

A minor annoyance is potholes. They're caverns for the mirage. Comes crashing down..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    TPMS sensors. They are very fiddly and proprietary, requiring a trip to the dealership if you need to do anything with them.

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Highway noise.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Swaying in corners and steering corrections required while cornering + highway noise. No car is perfect, and rattletrap has many good qualities, not the least of which is maneuverability in tight spaces and it doesn't scrape easily when going over rough surfaces. That's where the 2nd and 3rd world roots come in handy.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That I have to turn on the fog lights each time. That's annoying.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (04-17-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The passenger side windshield wiper sometimes. haha. It sticks up just a bit.

I would say power but then again, I'm not in a hurry 99% of the time I'm driving it. I do find the interior noise to be a bit loud but turning up the volume quickly solves that issue.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Steering is number one for me followed up closely with wind noise. I wish there was a way to permanently turn off the power steering without having dash lights come on. I had a 2011 smart fortwo and the steering was amazing. It did not have power steering and it was never an issue. It did not weigh much less than the Mirage so I am sure it would not be a big deal to be without it in a Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    Steering is number one for me followed up closely with wind noise. I wish there was a way to permanently turn off the power steering without having dash lights come on. I had a 2011 smart fortwo and the steering was amazing. It did not have power steering and it was never an issue. It did not weigh much less than the Mirage so I am sure it would not be a big deal to be without it in a Mirage.
    If I'm parked in the driveway and my wife (parked in the garage) needs out, I sometimes need to roll down the driveway and into the street with the engine off. I know it's going pretty slow, but the steering with the engine off is pretty tough. Not something I'd want to deal with on a regular basis.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)