Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: What is your greatest annoyance about the Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMW View Post
    How about rain sensing wipers? I would take normal intermittent wipers ANY day over those stupid rain sensing wipers.
    Understandable. Mine has it and at first I didn’t like it but thankfully it can be set off and to the lowest setting which is what I currently have. I’m good with that.

If the sensing wiper happen to be only on automatic mode, I’ll be super unhappy about it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMW View Post
    How about rain sensing wipers? I would take normal intermittent wipers ANY day over those stupid rain sensing wipers.
    I don't want to live in a society where people aren't smart enough to know when to turn on their wiper blades!

Have we reached the point where we need this? If so, that's somewhat depressing!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle99 View Post
    Understandable. Mine has it and at first I didn’t like it but thankfully it can be set off and to the lowest setting which is what I currently have. I’m good with that.

If the sensing wiper happen to be only on automatic mode, I’ll be super unhappy about it.
    BTW, my biggest reason for hating them is they can't, for some reason, sense snow. They either keep going and smudging, or they don't recognize that the windshield is completely convered. Where I live, they are completely useless more than half of the year. The rest of the time I could get used to them
    Last edited by BigMW; 03-09-2024 at 12:08 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    pawpaw! Long time no see. How’s things?
    I still lurk and check in to the forum periodically but just don't post much. My Mirage is still going strong although it only has like 52500 miles in almost nine years of service. I'm enjoying heat every winter since I replaced my heater core. That was the last problem I had with the car.

As the years go by I get more and more impressed with the Mirage. It is a cheap car but seems very well executed!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pawpaw For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-09-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not really annoying of mine but I still don’t like what has happening.

Every time I power on my Mirage there always an electrical buzz noise coming from the rear. It buzzes on and then off and then on very few seconds. Not loud. Mildly soft at best. I guess it because I replaced the halogen trunk bulbs and license plate bulbs for LED’s. I mean having LEDs do create gremlins or something right? All in all I got used to this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.6 mpg (Imp)

I only had one complaint, and only about the European 1.2/CVT model after 2021, was the lack of power, as it has only about 71 HP.

I had no complaints about the 80 HP/CVT version of my previous 2018 model.

Had too much trouble getting up to speed with other traffic. I probably would have owned my 2023 Space Star for a few years longer, if it had 80 HP.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Directional stability is not good.
    On a bright sunny day mainly one with snow on the ground and wearing sunglasses , when I look down
    at the instrument panel all I see is a black hole.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.2 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Just one annoyance but it's a doozy,

The Mirage is discontinued for North America. Mitsubishi can crash and burn now for all I care. Pull out of North America. Nobody wants 57 variants of the same SUV and chassis.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ok here is another one of mine. Because I carry children and or load stuff on the backseats, the auto lock function does not automatically on when driving. and does not automatically unlocked when parked or power off the G4. Too bad the ETAC doesn’t resolve that.
    Last edited by defensivetackle99; 03-17-2024 at 07:45 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle99 View Post
    Ok here is another one of mine. Because I carry children and or load stuff on the backseats, the auto lock function does not automatically on when driving. and does not automatically unlocked when parked or power off the G4. Too bad the ETAC doesn’t resolve that.
    There is no wiring/sensors in the backseats. I am not sure how having stuff in the back would effect your door locks.

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos