Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your greatest annoyance about the Mirage?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    That CAD$9,995 works out to about USD$7,800. If Mitsubishi offered a stripper model at that price here I don't think they'd be able to build them fast enough...AC or no AC. Hell, if they offered the base car for USD$9,995 they'd sell a ton. Just look at how many they sold during the big rebate "Mirage-a-Palooza" in March, 2016.

As little as I use AC here I'd happily live without it on a $7,800 new car!
    It would be interesting to see what the Mirage sells for in other countries. I'm pretty certain Mits is making a good profit on every Mirage made for the 1st world market. That said, I can't see Mits using those profits to lower the price in less affluent markets. I read the Thailand plant can make 125k cars/year. That amounts to 500k Mirages in the last four years. The profit made from selling 7,000 in America and 500 in Canada couldn't begin to make a serious dent subsidizing sales in other markets. There's a good chance the cheapest Mirage anywhere is still being sold at a high enough price to make a profit. I wonder what country that is?

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    Mitsubishi are you listening?
    Problem is, Mitsu/Nissan already owns the "cheapest subcompact crown" in both the States and Canada:

US: Versa sedan is the cheapest MSRP car in the country and the segment sales leader.

Canada: Micra is the cheapest MSRP car in the country and the segment sales leader.

They have less incentive to be as aggressive with Mirage pricing since the merger.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    ... not really an annoyance about my Mirage, but in general, that I didn't have the 1.0L engine option!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cookiemonster For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-27-2017),MightyMirageMpg (12-26-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

They have less incentive to be as aggressive with Mirage pricing since the merger.
    Without a doubt your correct.

But there's ZERO options for a stripped down subcompact. I remember my father bought an 80s horizon brand new. It didn't have a radio, it had manual windows, locks, mirror. The only option it had was a pin stripe which he refused to pay for lol

THIS is the car i want. Cheap affordable basic transportation. Keep your silly apple radio. Take your backup camera out. Take the rear wiper off. Manual windows, locks I'll even reach outside to adjust my mirror. A/C, automatic climate control, auto stop and start, hill assist, traction control... Nope don't need it. Save the parts.

Instead they redesign the car and upgrade the price, further separating it from a cheap subcompact and trying to fool people onto thinking its a fancy car because the seats get warm.

The mirage is not a good deal at $12k +
    The mirage is a no brainer at $8k

Do you feel differently? Why not slash the competition on the mirage and keep the versa "competitive"?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

ISP_guy (12-29-2017),poorman1 (12-26-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    ... not really an annoyance about my Mirage, but in general, that I didn't have the 1.0L engine option!

Thread: Poll: 1.0L Mirage engine = 7.5% better fuel economy. Would you choose it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Carfreak09 (12-29-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    the acceleration is very chocked sometimes. I would trade 10mpg for more power i swear

My biggest annoyance is when you start the car. If you let go of the key too soon when starting, then try a second time it'll flood out 90% of the time. At least for me. 3 cars in the past month did this to me. The latest one was today. It sat in the shop over the holidays. Turned the key to start, dummy me let go when it fired and it stalled. I held it to the floor for about 30seconds til it fired up. They can be very temperamental at times. They all had the recalls to stop this from happening as well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    My biggest annoyance is when you start the car. If you let go of the key too soon when starting, then try a second time it'll flood out 90% of the time. At least for me. 3 cars in the past month did this to me. The latest one was today. It sat in the shop over the holidays. Turned the key to start, dummy me let go when it fired and it stalled. I held it to the floor for about 30seconds til it fired up. They can be very temperamental at times. They all had the recalls to stop this from happening as well.
    Has never happened with my 1.0L model.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    right now it is lack of heat out of the dash - high temps outside in the single digits Fs this week - it sure would be nice to be warm in the car
    Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    The location of the rear-view mirror. I'm pretty tall (1m90), and somehow the mirror blocks my sight when I turn right.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Space Wolf For This Useful Post:

mohammad (02-25-2022)