Thread: Looking for a new part with the number 150A589

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Question Looking for a new part with the number 150A589

I don't know what the part is called, but I think the one on my 2015 DE Mirage is messed up because as I get onto the throttle down the highway, it rattles against the engine. I bought a bushing from the hardware store, and added some washers to try and get it to stop rattling, but it didn't work that well, so I had to go the jank route and use zipties until I can find a replacement. Any help would be appreciated.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runhawk77321 View Post
    I don't know what the part is called, but I think the one on my 2015 DE Mirage is messed up because as I get onto the throttle down the highway, it rattles against the engine. I bought a bushing from the hardware store, and added some washers to try and get it to stop rattling, but it didn't work that well, so I had to go the jank route and use zipties until I can find a replacement. Any help would be appreciated.
    Hello Runhawk77321 and welcome to the forum.

Not sure what this part is that you are talking about. Post a picture so we know exactly what you mean, and you might get more help on the matter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

After years of listening to others explain things just as well and much worse I'll guess your air cleaner is rattling? There isn't much else under the hood that does unless you count the entire engine Maybe this'll help. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...sonator-Rattle
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    After years of listening to others explain things just as well and much worse I'll guess your air cleaner is rattling? There isn't much else under the hood that does unless you count the entire engine Maybe this'll help. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...sonator-Rattle
    Thank you so much, I didn't know if it was safe to remove that part. I hate how it looks anyway, and I don't think it does anything for my engine.

Yeah they don't look good when they're flapping around digging a grove into the valve cover. That is one part that could have had more thought put into it.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runhawk77321 View Post
    Look at this link below and thou shalt see!

BTW, this forum has a search feature...

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ow-speed/page3

Oh yeah, the thread with the brakeline guy lol.

Mirage videos: