Thread: 2015 Mirage rear brake assembly question

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Question 2015 Mirage rear brake assembly question

Hello everyone.

My daughter has a 2015 Mirage DE. I replaced the front pads & rotors but found the rear drums I purchased were raw drums and not assemblies, i.e. no lugs or bearings. Since I do not have a press at home to press out/in the components, I set out to purchase the assembly. No problem, found several, however, NONE had the pulse rotor and I cannot find any information about the pulse rotor other than a parts list mention in the Mitsu manual.

Can anyone help/explain/advise how to get the entire rear wheel assembly ready to install. I replaced the shoes (which were totally shot) but put the extremely grooved drums back on so she could use the car but, I really don't want to leave it like this very long.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...+hub,drum,1744

I wouldn't loose too much sleep over grooved drums, most of the fleet cars here are grooved after 50,000km. Though not ideal, they won't kill you. Just wear the shoes out odd and not be 100% effective. But they'll still work fine. I've only changed a few sets of drums and shoes and used ones off of some wrecks I stripped out.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (07-30-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    That Rockauto drum looks complete and ready to bolt on. For $100 it's not that bad.

The OEM drum assembly is almost $300 per side.

There was a similar brake drum discussion a couple of months ago when someone was confused about the ABS ring.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-30-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    That Rockauto drum looks complete and ready to bolt on. For $100 it's not that bad.

The OEM drum assembly is almost $300 per side.

There was a similar brake drum discussion a couple of months ago when someone was confused about the ABS ring.
    Thanks for your response. RockAuto is where I was looking. Pic looks as though it is complete except for the pulse rotor. I have ordered 2 so we will know soon.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MRoesler View Post
    ...Pic looks as though it is complete except for the pulse rotor.
    ...ordered 2 so we will know soon.
    Please report back when you get them and let us know if they are complete. The way some of these cars have been driven, a lot of them are probably going to need drums soon.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Top Fuel,

The rear assemblies from Rock Auto came in and were exactly as described. They were complete with drum, bearings, retainers, lugs, and ABS pulse rotors. The quality appears to be excellent. The runout on the drums was less than .00075" and an optical comparison to my surface finish standards indicated an RMS32 finish. Everything fit perfectly and installation was easily and quickly completed.

The 2 brake assemblies delivered to the Atlanta, GA area took 4 working days (FedEX lost track of them causing a delivery delay) at an all inclusive cost of $238.00.

The complete brake job of 2 front discs/pads, 2 rear drum assemblies and shoes, and complete system fluid flush cost $392.00. Total time, exclusive of the initial rear shoe replacement within the old drums, was approximately 3 hours.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MRoesler For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-09-2020),Top_Fuel (08-09-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ...rear assemblies from Rock Auto came in and were exactly as described.
    ...complete with drum, bearings, retainers, lugs, and ABS pulse rotors
    ...quality appears to be excellent
    ...Everything fit perfectly
    Thanks for the update! We've had a couple of people supposedly buy drums from Rock Auto...but they never reported back.

So we appreciate you giving us some real first-hand feedback. This will help us out in the future for sure.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Thanks for the update! We've had a couple of people supposedly buy drums from Rock Auto...but they never reported back.

So we appreciate you giving us some real first-hand feedback. This will help us out in the future for sure.
    In the past year, I have purchased from Rock Auto air springs and solenoids, a front stabilizer bar link, and a set of Monroe shocks for my Grand Marquis as well as these Mirage drum assemblies. Everything has met or exceeded my expectations and all were competitively priced.

Top Fuel,

The rear assemblies from Rock Auto came in and were exactly as described. They were complete with drum, bearings, retainers, lugs, and ABS pulse rotors. The quality appears to be excellent. The runout on the drums was less than .00075" and an optical comparison to my surface finish standards indicated an RMS32 finish. Everything fit perfectly and installation was easily and quickly completed.

The 2 brake assemblies delivered to the Atlanta, GA area took 4 working days (FedEX lost track of them causing a delivery delay) at an all inclusive cost of $238.00.

The complete brake job of 2 front discs/pads, 2 rear drum assemblies and shoes, and complete system fluid flush cost $392.00. Total time, exclusive of the initial rear shoe replacement within the old drums, was approximately 3 hours.
    Which exact Rock Auto Centric drums did you purchase? What part number?

I recently (05/18/2021) purchased Rock Auto Centric drums, part number 12246026 and they arrived as bare drums. Buyers beware! Rock Auto made it nearly impossible to get any customer service or to report the problem and get any sort of resolution. The pictures online clearly show it as a complete assembly with studs, bearings, c-clip, ABS ring, etc. But when i tried submitting pictures for missing parts to Rock Auto the website got stuck in a loop and i was not able to proceed with a claim. The only resolution i was able to get was a refund or store credit but I have to pay for shipping back. WTF?! This is false advertisment and rip off in my opinion, I'm beyond pissed.

Name:  PXL_20210524_212609061.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  94.9 KB

Attachment 21242

Attachment 21243

Last edited by davidricardo86; 05-25-2021 at 06:36 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to davidricardo86 For This Useful Post:

mohammad (05-28-2021)