Thread: Wrench display on instrument cluster

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Wrench display on instrument cluster

I just bought a '14 Mirage with 14k miles. It did not come with an owners manual, unfortunately. I just noticed today that, as I scroll thru the options on the instrument cluster, I notice a wrench icon on a couple of of the options. The wrench makes me nervous as I tend to think maintenance is needed. Do any of you have details or have a link that explains? Thanks in advance

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken_stanley View Post
    I just bought a '14 Mirage with 14k miles. It did not come with an owners manual, unfortunately. I just noticed today that, as I scroll thru the options on the instrument cluster, I notice a wrench icon on a couple of of the options. The wrench makes me nervous as I tend to think maintenance is needed. Do any of you have details or have a link that explains? Thanks in advance
    On the MID in the speedometer cluster that you can scroll through? Yes, it's when service is due... One for miles until and the other for which month numerically. Blinking icon is past due.

Download the manual here to learn about it...
    There's also a thread on here to learn how to reset it.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...z8jiy1a9hskUNw
    (blank signature)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

chicken_stanley (04-30-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Basically, it just indicates the need for a simple oil change. Easy to reset once it's done.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Visit mitsubishicars.com, select Owners, create an account and enter your vehicle information. Once you are registered, you are able to download various info such as your owner's manual and warranty & maintenance manual which explains your maintenance schedule. Not knowing how many miles are on your Mirage, you probably just need a simple oil change, or maybe the maintenance schedule calls for more.

I'm going to guess you didn't buy your Mirage through a Mitsubishi dealer, as I would expect they (or any reputable dealer) would perform maintenance service before selling it. If you bought it through a dealer, you might want to consider giving them a call and asking them about this.

Good luck and let us know how this turns out for you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post: