Thread: Hatch v. G4 handling?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hatch v. G4 handling?

Has anyone tested both the 17 hatch and G4? Is there any difference in response or handling with the G4 compared to the hatch? I've seen G4's in my area but they are rental units from enterprise. I could go and test drive one and compare but I thought why not discuss here. I saw some new G4's manuals in the 10 grand range my family started asking me questions about the sedan the biggest turn off no folding rear seats.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have tested both. I think the sedan feels better balanced...perhaps due to weight distribution? It is a few lbs heaveier but it felt good.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IwantaMirage View Post
    I have tested both. I think the sedan feels better balanced...perhaps due to weight distribution? It is a few lbs heaveier but it felt good.
    I agree, it does and its because the wheelbase. Its 5 inches longer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to remusrm For This Useful Post:

IwantaMirage (03-09-2017)

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well I got to test my G4 SE Handling limits today and it was a true test. I was on Interstate 68 doing about 65 when 2 Turkeys walked on the Interstate and the cR ahead a me swerved into my lane. I had to brake hard and swere on to shoulder to stop from rear ending him them the Turkeys ran back in front of my car and I had to swerve the other way. I do think I felt the stability control working a few times and I sont know how I missed the Turkeys. But put it this way I was impressed with how my G4 handled that manuver as I did not think the Mirage and Mirage G4 would do that well at high speeds in an accident avoidence manuver and it proved me wrong. Name:  IMG_8533.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  99.3 KB

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mirage ES Navi For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (04-28-2017),inuvik (04-28-2017),Johnny Mullet (04-28-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage ES Navi View Post
    Well I got to test my G4 SE Handling limits today and it was a true test. I was on Interstate 68 doing about 65 when 2 Turkeys walked on the Interstate and the cR ahead a me swerved into my lane. I had to brake hard and swere on to shoulder to stop from rear ending him them the Turkeys ran back in front of my car and I had to swerve the other way. I do think I felt the stability control working a few times and I sont know how I missed the Turkeys. But put it this way I was impressed with how my G4 handled that manuver as I did not think the Mirage and Mirage G4 would do that well at high speeds in an accident avoidence manuver and it proved me wrong. Name:  IMG_8533.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  99.3 KB
    Beautiful car you have!! Glad it handled the emergency situation well!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IwantaMirage For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-28-2017)