Thread: wiper block

Country
    United States
    Thanks

wiper block

I made a wind deflector for my wipers. Ok actually i took my old fish-tank lid and strapped it to my car.

It looks like it should be pretty aerodynamic compared to the wipers sticking up catching wind, but i don't have a wind tunnel so..

It's a piece of coroplast with steel wire fed thru it, then hooked into my car and closed in the hood gasket. Been on my car for a few days and I've tested it up to 75mph with wipers on high.

Attached Images Attached Images   

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

bzacon (04-21-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's really cool! I'm not super into aero mods but this and the pass wiper delete look really practical with minimal drawbacks. Have you thought about air curtains or seen anyone else do them? I'm thinking over the place where fog lights would go, something like what you see on European cab-over trucks (example, they are very pronounced on Iveco's Stralis and Hi-way models) Also noticed them on a few sports cars in the area where mirage has fog lights, but I was thinking more of something that attaches to the surface rather than punching holes in the bumper

2014 Mirage GLX 5MT Plasma Purple
    2004 Accord EX 5MT Graphite Pearl RIP

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. -- That's why Ford outsells Mitsu in the US

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bzacon View Post
    Have you thought about air curtains or seen anyone else do them?
    Ford trucks use them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The passenger wiper is there, it's from an early model subaru imprezza, so it sits lower but still uses the factory blade. (You can see below its custom rusted.. maybe I could've painted it, eh?)

Oddly enough the fog light and lower grill was going to be next.

I haven't decided what to do though. tape over the area then fiberglass the panel and velcro it on (like the picture) or possibly try with thin heat-bendable plexi glass... What did you think? Any better ideas?

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by MightyMirageMpg; 04-21-2017 at 11:06 AM.