Thread: 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 SEL CVT Sedan - Test Drive, Tour, and Review (YouTube)

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 SEL CVT Sedan - Test Drive, Tour, and Review (YouTube)

Here's a detailed "non-professional" review of a top spec G4 sedan.

The interesting thing about this is the reviewer is a former Nissan Micra owner -- those of you who follow the monthly stats know that the Micra regularly eats the Mirage's lunch in Canada, with about 3x to 4x the monthly sales.

It's a very level-headed look at the car.

About the engine:

I was impressed by how smooth it was for a 3 banger. There was no vibration feedback in the steering wheel, pedals or shifter. I could feel a tiny bit of vibration in the seats though, especially at idle and especially when the A/C compressor/pump was engaged.

But it wasn't much louder than the HR16DE Micra engine, in fact I think it may have been quieter in the lower rpms. Both engines make a lot of noise at high rpms though. But if you didn't know any better, driving around in the Mirage you wouldn't even notice it's a 3cyl.
    And overall:

Anyway in conclusion, the Mirage isn't as bad as journalists like to say it is. It's a cheap car. So is the Micra. With either car you get what you pay for. If you want tech and features, a smooth ride over bumps, and enormous fuel economy, you will buy the Mirage. If you prefer better styling/looks, driving dynamics and power, and don't care for gas mileage or tech/features you will buy the Micra.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

2of9 (05-11-2017),Alex1a1f (05-02-2017),Daox (05-03-2017),Mitsuko (05-02-2017),Top_Fuel (05-02-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah I actually agree. I wouldn't know it's a 3 just driving around. No one does until I tell them and most ppl don't even know a 3cyl exists haha.
    I like the mean lil sound the 3 banger produces

I like the sound of a triple too.

most ppl don't even know a 3cyl exists haha.
    Which is funny, considering they're more widely available now in the U.S. than they have ever been. In the States you can now get triples in:

Mirage
    Ford Fiesta
    Ford Focus
    Smart Fortwo
    BMW i8
    Mini

And probaby some others I'm forgetting.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)