Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 car seats across a Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

3 car seats across a Mirage?

3 across a Mirage, I need to post this for those interested in seating 3 children in a 2014-2017 Mitsubishi Mirage:

Closest to furthest: A Costo, Bubblebum, Graco

Name:  Mirage-3 car seats.jpg
Views: 4913
Size:  91.0 KB

It has worked well for trips under 1h, the Bubblebum would probably be uncomfortable for longer trips.

Name:  Mirage-3 across.jpg
Views: 4913
Size:  89.4 KB

Regards

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cortisol For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (05-03-2017),Eggman (05-03-2017),emki (05-03-2017),MetroMPG (07-21-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's awesome. I've always been amazed with how roomy our little cars are, and you definitely caught that. :-)
    (blank signature)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

emki (05-03-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow didn't think it would work as I have two in my 17. And there looks to be barely any room between haha.
    I have that same Costco one and a booster. Works well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

emki (05-03-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is awesome! Why does knowing this car can do this make me so happy?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    ONE of those car seats is really comfortable!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    A couple of weeks ago I was surprised to fit two adults and a child in my backseat. It also highlighted the soft rear suspension.

I'm sure owners who use their Mirage for delivery or taxi use see this often.

The great majority of my use is for commuting to work as a single occupant. This was yet another big reason why I didn't want to overpay for transportation. The few times I've had to carry passengers the Mirage has done just fine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Sorry to bump an old thread like this,
    I am new to this forum and im very interested to buy a Mirage and be a member of this club, it seems like a very logical choice.
    My only unknow is to find out if 3 baby seats fits in: soon 3 small Diono accross but for now 2 Diono and one small click connect graco.
    In the picture above, the middle seat is a booster which I believe is narrower than any baby seat.
    Have you OP (or someone else) tried 3 convertible seats accross?
    The back of the Diono is 17" and the "butt" is 15", so total 51" back and 49" butt (if you count equal spacing), does someone know if these dimensions will fit?
    Thats pretty much the only thing worrying me on this car, I will only use theses seats to drop the kids at daycare, which is only 1000 yards away lol, but in the winter at -13F and a foot of snow on the sidewalk I cant really just walk there with 3 babies 1/4 of the year (without freezing lol), the rest Ill be commuting alone and I have my wife's car for longer and comfy trip !

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Esports View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread like this,
    I am new to this forum and im very interested to buy a Mirage and be a member of this club, it seems like a very logical choice.
    My only unknow is to find out if 3 baby seats fits in: soon 3 small Diono accross but for now 2 Diono and one small click connect graco.
    In the picture above, the middle seat is a booster which I believe is narrower than any baby seat.
    Have you OP (or someone else) tried 3 convertible seats accross?
    The back of the Diono is 17" and the "butt" is 15", so total 51" back and 49" butt (if you count equal spacing), does someone know if these dimensions will fit?
    Thats pretty much the only thing worrying me on this car, I will only use theses seats to drop the kids at daycare, which is only 1000 yards away lol, but in the winter at -13F and a foot of snow on the sidewalk I cant really just walk there with 3 babies 1/4 of the year (without freezing lol), the rest Ill be commuting alone and I have my wife's car for longer and comfy trip !
    I went out & measured the distance across the back of the rear seat (inside wall to wall) of my Mirage, & it was almost 46". The butt portion would be close to 49", however.

Mirage specs, however, are -
    51" rear shoulder room
    46.4" rear hip room
    34.2" rear leg room
    37.2" rear head room

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirage/2021/specs

G4 state -
    51.2" rear shoulder room
    46.7" rear hip room
    37.3" rear leg room
    36.8" rear head room

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirage-g4/2021/specs

The G4 does offers more rear leg room. The others specs aren't that different in my mind.

I would take your car seats to anyone that has Mirage (used or new), & check it out for yourself. See if you can physically make it work?

Car salesman looked bored to me at times. I wouldn't feel bad wasting their time. If this is a deciding factor for you, however, you're not wasting their time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

I would take your car seats to anyone that has Mirage (used or new), & check it out for yourself. See if you can physically make it work?

Car salesman looked bored to me at times. I wouldn't feel bad wasting their time. If this is a deciding factor for you, however, you're not wasting their time.
    That's what I'd do. Take the seats with you when you look at one.

I have no problem wasting someones time if they waste mine. Salesman will typically waste your time at one point or another.

I looked at a toy hauler/holiday trailer the other day. Advertised as excellent condition, ready to go no leaks etc...Drove 45 mins to look at it and I knew I didn't want it before I got out of the car, decals were all faded and peeling, missing screws holding the corner moldings on, stairs were bent. I figured I'd look since I was there already there, maybe he'd be flexible on the price. But then it got worse, all the tires are dry cracked and worn out, the inside smells musty, the fuel station hasn't been used in 10 years and smells like rotten gas, pump probably doesn't work, one of the storage compartments clearly had water damage-the wood was rotten and swollen, the awning was falling off-screws pulling out of the rotten wall, the shower surround is shattered and broken so needs to be replaced, the seals for the slide out don't seal, some lights don't work, then the guy was firm at $15,000. I wasted an hour of his time and didn't feel guilty.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    wow thanks for the quick response that was fast !
    As you guys mentioned I think its best to test it in person so see if it fits, I don't have the 3 dionos yet but once I do Im gonna try !
    Thanks