Thread: New member and mirage owner from Mexico.

Country
    Mexico
    Thanks

New member and mirage owner from Mexico.

Hi everybody!

My Name is Alejandro Hernandez from Guadalajara City in Mexico and i will try to tell that the reason that i bought this car after a LOT of research is because i wanted a quality car that give me the most MPG possible in a non-hybrid and of course i wanted A/C and a decent radio, reliability, engine with timing chaing and comfortable and the mirage fit my needs, it beat Chevrolet Spark, Nissan March, Hyundai I10 i test drive all of then and the Mirage again wins, performance, mpg, interior quality and comfort.

i work as a diesel and gasoline mechanic, i usually go to customers address they often call me and i go to werever they need my services, but when is needed to do something heavier they bring their trucks and cars to my shop.

This little car is awesome, it surpass my expectations, dealer claims that can be achieved 27 km per liter, i easily got 28.5 km per liter driving it no faster than 70 km per hour and using 93 octane "premium" fuel, the highest available in mexico gas stations, manual says that it need 95 octane but with 93 is okay i guess.

The mirage is a 2017 pearl white, manual transmission, sony 1 din bluetooth, steel wheels with plastic caps, is the lowest trim available what i wanted since its a work car. it has steering wheel audio controls, air conditioner, dual airbags, electric windows (front only) rear windows are manual, its basic and durable and as i am describing it is exactly as i got it from the dealer new at this time it has 2112 km in the odometer, got it 2 weeks ago.

So i will try to post as frequent as possible in the forum, since my work absorbs my time too much if someone needs my advice or contact me please feel free to pm me and i will be glad to help or collaborate in one or another way.

sorry if i wrote something wrong im just trying to do my best english. Hablo espaņol.

Best Regards.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DieselDoctor For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-05-2017),Gnarles2 (05-05-2017),gone.a (05-04-2017),MetroMPG (05-05-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselDoctor View Post
    This little car is awesome, it surpass my expectations, dealer claims that can be achieved 27 km per liter, i easily got 28.5 km per liter driving it no faster than 70 km per hour and using 93 octane "premium" fuel, the highest available in mexico gas stations, manual says that it need 95 octane but with 93 is okay i guess.
    Hello DieselDoctor and welcome to the forum.

I'm surprised that your manual says your Mirage needs 95 octane as my owner's manual has a different statement:

Quote Originally Posted by 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Owner's Manual Page 3-2
    Your vehicle is designed to operate on unleaded gasoline having a minimum octane number of 87 [(MON+RON)/2] or 91 RON.
    Maybe the difference can be attributed to different octane measurement methods?

And I agree - these little cars *are* awesome.

Best wishes with yours. Let us know if you have any questions and we'll do our best to help out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site!

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome!
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselDoctor View Post
    ...electric windows (front only) rear windows are manual...
    Wow...that's a combination I've never heard of before!

Your English is excellent...much better than my attempt to speak Spanish would be.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Mexico
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello DieselDoctor and welcome to the forum.

I'm surprised that your manual says your Mirage needs 95 octane as my owner's manual has a different statement:

Maybe the difference can be attributed to different octane measurement methods?

And I agree - these little cars *are* awesome.

Best wishes with yours. Let us know if you have any questions and we'll do our best to help out.
    I will try 87 octane "pemex magna" fuel just to see what happens, anyhow if it doesnt performs good just will go back to Premium 93 octane.

Thank you and see you around.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DieselDoctor For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-05-2017)

Country
    Mexico
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Wow...that's a combination I've never heard of before!

Your English is excellent...much better than my attempt to speak Spanish would be.
    yes, this car since its the lowest trim available you mey be surprised as it has power windows in front doors as well as a pair of speakers. rear doors have no speakers and manual windows. no side curtain airbags, only front, weird combination!

Spanish is as simple or as complicated as you want since there are so many ways to say the same things, buts its ok we undestard each other just like tacos and corona beer. lol.

see you around take care.

Bienvenido, DieselDoctor!

With so much more choice in Mexico for small, efficient vehicles (closer to European choice than in Canada or the U.S.), it says a lot that you chose the Mirage. Congrats.

Canada also has the a "power windows in front, manual in the back" Mirage -- our base model. But our base model does not have air conditioning. Wouldn't bother me, but I value a good heater more than A/C! Not the same priorities as in Mexico.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)