Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone used Mitsubishi Roadside Assistance?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Has anyone used Mitsubishi Roadside Assistance?

I had to yesterday. I got stuck in some mud, and my front tires were embedded so deep that I had to call a tow truck, so I decided to try this "free" program. I was right behind a gas station, trying to take a shortcut around, but that wasn't such a great idea in retrospect. Well, I ended up having to pay $84, which wasn't so bad, but perhaps they shouldn't advertise it as being free? I'm well within the warranty, but some things they just don't cover, I guess. The service is convenient, though. It's probably free if you have simple issues, like a flat tire or a dead battery. However, I was wondering if what Mitsubishi doesn't cover is covered by insurance. I was trying to act quickly, so that I could leave, and I didn't have time to consider the variables of insurance and the like. I just don't like the idea of having to pay $84 out of the blue due to having really no other option.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes I have.

Read your Roadside Assistance section in the warranty section. It covers problems with the car, not driver problems... aka... Getting stuck in mud.

It says exactly what they cover.
    (blank signature)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Bernadine (05-06-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernadine View Post
    I had to yesterday. I got stuck in some mud, and my front tires were embedded so deep that I had to call a tow truck, so I decided to try this "free" program. I was right behind a gas station, trying to take a shortcut around, but that wasn't such a great idea in retrospect. Well, I ended up having to pay $84, which wasn't so bad, but perhaps they shouldn't advertise it as being free? I'm well within the warranty, but some things they just don't cover, I guess. The service is convenient, though. It's probably free if you have simple issues, like a flat tire or a dead battery. However, I was wondering if what Mitsubishi doesn't cover is covered by insurance. I was trying to act quickly, so that I could leave, and I didn't have time to consider the variables of insurance and the like. I just don't like the idea of having to pay $84 out of the blue due to having really no other option.
    Should have asked someone with a truck or whatever to pull you out for 20 bucks. Quick money for them deal for you.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Bernadine (05-06-2017),fc321 (07-15-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Should have asked someone with a truck or whatever to pull you out for 20 bucks. Quick money for them deal for you.
    I don't know if someone with a truck could have helped. The wheels were embedded fairly deep, and the tow truck had to pull me a good bit to get the car out. Had I thought someone could help, I probably would've asked, but do people commonly keep towing equipment their vehicles?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    I don't know if someone with a truck could have helped. The wheels were embedded fairly deep, and the tow truck had to pull me a good bit to get the car out. Had I thought someone could help, I probably would've asked, but do people commonly keep towing equipment their vehicles?
    I do!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Bernadine (05-06-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Here in rural Oregon pretty commonplace. I always carried a tow strap in my Jeep to either assist or get assisted. But then again, it's not uncommon for people to carry chainsaws here either. I do in the winter still.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Bernadine (05-06-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Here in rural Oregon pretty commonplace. I always carried a tow strap in my Jeep to either assist or get assisted. But then again, it's not uncommon for people to carry chainsaws here either. I do in the winter still.
    Yeah, if I had been near my home, which is in a rural area, someone probably would have been able to help. The one time I venture out into the city, I get stuck in mud

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    ...The wheels were embedded fairly deep, and the tow truck had to pull me a good bit to get the car out.
    So did you use your built-in tow hook in the front bumper? If it wasn't for this website, I wouldn't even know it existed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    So did you use your built-in tow hook in the front bumper? If it wasn't for this website, I wouldn't even know it existed.
    No, the mud reached the bottom of the bumper and the tower had to attach to something in the back. I have no idea if a tow hook or tow area is on the rear side, but nothing appears broken.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    No, the mud reached the bottom of the bumper and the tower had to attach to something in the back. I have no idea if a tow hook or tow area is on the rear side, but nothing appears broken.
    There is a rear tow hook. The front one screws into the little pop off square in the front bumper. It's located with the lug wrench in the spare wheel well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post: