Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First issue with my new mirage!!?? (Backup camera)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

First issue with my new mirage!!?? (Backup camera)

Okay so today I put it in reverse and the backup camera was just like green snow/fuzz. Kinda like an old school analog TV snow but not grey.

I was like what The? So I put it in neutral and back to reverse still snow. Tried a couple more times no luck.

Was inside 20 min or so and came out and now it's been working the rest of the day/night.
    I did open the hatch and shut it again between. Wonder if it's a connection issue?

Anyone heard of this?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mine did that too,

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Same here. Only would happen after sitting overnight. Maybe dew or condensation somewhere in the connection. Also screen will freeze frame for a sec mid back up. Does your bumper show up in bottom of back up screen?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by remusrm View Post
    Mine did that too,
    Did it only happen once or is it ongoing?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DEANOBRAVO View Post
    Same here. Only would happen after sitting overnight. Maybe dew or condensation somewhere in the connection. Also screen will freeze frame for a sec mid back up. Does your bumper show up in bottom of back up screen?
    Mine happened mid day. I don't think I can see the bumper though. Does yours do it often?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mine did this too! It's only happened once. Naturally, it was when my father was in the car with me. He said "I see static, so they must have these available with back up cameras." I was like...wait! This has one. I tried reverse again - nothing but static. Turned off the car and restarted - static. Opened hatch and closed it - static. The static continued until I let the car sit overnight. It hasn't happened since, so I doubt it's a loose connection. I blame it on the piss poor excuse of stereo user interface/software they equipped on the car. Worst i've ever experienced. Lags during backup when it syncs with bluetooth (good thing I don't have kids or pets!,) The UI is so poorly designed it wastes valuable space by leaving large unused areas only to make buttons overly small, Frequently hangs volume controls for the first few seconds on startup, randomly refuses to accept that a call has ended leaving a hung "Call transferred to Phone" or call in progress screen that I can't get out of without turning off the car. I could go on and on. It's the only thing about the car I despise.

Here's my latest issue:
    https://youtu.be/gZLx_LhTNEc

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VespaGoGo View Post
    Lags during backup when it syncs with bluetooth
    I'm curious does the camera display static when using bluetooth or the USB port, or when otherwise using a mobile phone?

I'm wondering if there is some repeatable factor that contributes to this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VespaGoGo View Post
    Mine did this too! It's only happened once. Naturally, it was when my father was in the car with me. He said "I see static, so they must have these available with back up cameras." I was like...wait! This has one. I tried reverse again - nothing but static. Turned off the car and restarted - static. Opened hatch and closed it - static. The static continued until I let the car sit overnight. It hasn't happened since, so I doubt it's a loose connection. I blame it on the piss poor excuse of stereo user interface/software they equipped on the car. Worst i've ever experienced. Lags during backup when it syncs with bluetooth (good thing I don't have kids or pets!,) The UI is so poorly designed it wastes valuable space by leaving large unused areas only to make buttons overly small, Frequently hangs volume controls for the first few seconds on startup, randomly refuses to accept that a call has ended leaving a hung "Call transferred to Phone" or call in progress screen that I can't get out of without turning off the car. I could go on and on. It's the only thing about the car I despise.

Here's my latest issue:
    https://youtu.be/gZLx_LhTNEc
    I see I'm not alone. I have seen a slight hang up when backing up on the camera and of course the camera quality is not the best, when I compare the video quality to my Truck it's not close. I hope it doesn't do it again, it hasent today at least.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Only after sitting over night. And my bumper takes the bottom corner of the screen as if it is angled to low or has moved from slamming trunk.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Pryme -

Me too. It's only happened to me that once, that I've noticed. I say that because I rarely use it for backing up due to the poor resolution, periodic lag when the phone syncs, and the not-so-wide angle. It's clearly better than nothing and not out of the realm of expectation (static issue aside) for a $14k car.