Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Price of maintenance..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitaminado View Post
    I am not talking about DIY... I have a 5 year warranty that i want to keep...you can go outside the brand but you have to be carefull about where you go, not to void the warranty. Someone ask about the price of gas here? Now 98 octane ( the best one) 1.64 euros, diesel 1.23...
    Oils are expensive a litre of synthetic engine oil 5.40w costa in a Supermarket 10 euros
    Yowsa, at almost $6.00 US per gallon it's easy to not realize how expensive fuel is in other countries. The laws in Portugal may require the dealer to do all maintainence in order to keep your warranty intact. If this is the case then absolutely the cost of dealer service is a factor and you're right, the service cost of a Mirage/Space Star shouldn't be more than an Outlander Sport/ASX.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Yeah that's wild to see the cost difference. And is a 5 year warranty normal for other countries? We have 10 year/160000km powertrain warranty here. 2-3 of our cars are already past warranty.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    ...and i was talking about the Outlander PHEV...that without discount costs almost 50000euros...by law new cars have 2 year warranty... And by law you can do a maintenance outside de dealer but you have to go to certified garages and keep register that what was used, is brand uses. (like oil types)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vitaminado For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-14-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    In Canada as long as you have your reciepes or oil+filter you're good.

Hell I didnt had 60% of my reciepes and they changed my engine anyway.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.8 mpg (US) ... 17.4 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 49.0 mpg (Imp)