Thread: New Mirage owner

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

New Mirage owner

I recently purchased a used 2015 Mitsu Mirage. I am looking forward to getting to know more about my car and learn to love it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Hello Sukiyaki and welcome to the forum!

Here's some things for you to look for:
    1. There is a USB port in the glovebox to play audio files over your radio.
    2. This generation Mirage has had some problems with rear axle alignment. It would be a good idea to get your alignment checked and make sure all is well. As the rear alignment is not adjustable, Mitsubishi has replaced axle assemblies under their 5 year 60,000 mile warranty. I had mine done and my dealership really took care of me. You can read more about it in this thread: Rear Wheel Misaligned?
    3. The automatic climate controls in your Mirage has the air conditioning compressor running most all the time. This can be turned off, saving wear and tear on the compressor and improving fuel economy.
    4. Register your new Mirage with Mitsubishi and get access to downloads of manuals and other documents for your Mirage.
    5. A momentary bump of your turn signal stalk will give three blinks for whatever direction you selected. Details on this and other items can be found in your Owner's Manual.
    6. With careful driving, your Mirage is capable of great fuel economy, rivaling (and beating) hybrids.

There are lots of helpful folks here on the forum willing to lend a hand. Let us know if you have any questions and we'll do our best to help out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-14-2017),Pryme (05-14-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks for the pro tips. I will definitely get that rear issue checked out. I have been reading up on improving the car, more specifically on handling department.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site and congrats on getting a Mirage!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Use the search and modifications features of this message board

I recommend the Yaris arm rest and the ultra racing rear sway bar
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome here!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Thanks for the pro tips. I will definitely get that rear issue checked out. I have been reading up on improving the car, more specifically on handling department.
    Forum members have tried several methods of improving handling. A common area of attention has been the rear suspension. Aftermarket support for these cars is slim and parts can be hard to find. Some members have lowered their suspension but keep in mind that lowering often makes rear axle alignment problems worse.

Some members have added a rear torsion/anti-sway bar to stiffen the rear suspension, and one reported that theirs broke. I forget who made 'em... I'll look.

Here it is: I don't know what to do here! (UR sway bar broke)

A few members have reported satisfactory results by changing the rear springs for something stiffer. New Beetle rear springs have been settled on by some who have tried other stuff. To see what I mean, check out Johnny Mullet's car Space Peanut. In his garage entry he shares how he changed his springs here: 2006 New Beetle rear coil springs.

I think this is the original post which tries the New Beetle rear springs: rear coils from a 1998 VW new Beetle 2.0 liter

You might be able to save some time experimenting if this does the trick for you.

You can also check out some different rims & tires. Forum member Top_Fuel has started some of my favorite threads on wheels.

Fuel Efficient 15-Inch Wheels and Tires
    and
    Choosing Fuel Efficient 15” Wheels and Tires

Excellent details and discussions.

Read 'em over and tell us what you think.

Last edited by Eggman; 05-15-2017 at 12:44 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-18-2017)