Thread: How do things work where you live?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How do things work where you live?

I've always found it interesting how things are sometimes way different in other Provinces/States and countries as far as regulations go. Here in Alberta, before you can "legally" drive a new to you vehicle you need to get insurance first from an insurance broker(Fines are around $2500 for no insurance). Then you go to a registries office, provide your proof of insurance and a bill of sale and you can get plates. When you sell your car, you keep your plates and can transfer them to your next vehicle or just get new ones next time. You can hand write a bill of sale on a piece of cardboard with a crayon and it's legit enough to get insurance and plates. How do things work in other Provinces/states?
    Does anyone have to get yearly safety inspections? The only inspections I've ever been required on my vehicles are by my insurance company when I bought a vehicle that was older than 10 years and they only ask for it once, after that as long as you keep it insured they won't bother you. I'm not sure this is a good thing as I've seen a ton of vehicles on the road that really shouldn't be.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-14-2017)