Thread: Thinking About Selling My 2015 Mirage ES With CVT

Junior Member BillThompson-2015-ES-CVT's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Thinking About Selling My 2015 Mirage ES With CVT

I am seriously considering selling my car, as I want to purchase a hybrid vehicle. Mileage is 7,100, color is starlight silver, windows are tinted, and it has a cargo tray and rear bumper guard. I live in the northeast section of San Antonio, TX. If anyone in the vicinity wants to see it and discuss pricing, send me a PM with your name, e-mail and phone number. Bill Thompson.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 46.9 mpg (US) ... 19.9 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 853 Posts
    Will be sorry to see you go, Bill!

What hybrid are you looking at? I had an '04 Prius for a year (a year ago). I bought it as a "winter beater" to keep my Firefly away from road salt. I really enjoyed the video-gameness of getting great mileage. It was my first automatic transmission car in 20+ years, and I was OK with it.

I'd get another one for the right price. I'd also strongly consider getting a plug-in hybrid, like a Volt or plug-in Prius (some day, when the used prices come down enough!!).

EV mode is addictive.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage base ES 1.2 manual: 54.0 mpg (US) ... 23.0 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.9 mpg (Imp)

Junior Member BillThompson-2015-ES-CVT's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looking at 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Blue Base Trim.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 46.9 mpg (US) ... 19.9 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 853 Posts
    Neat. They've gotten positive reviews so far. It would be interesting trying a hybrid with an automated manual. The only ones I've driven were manual (1st gen Insight) or eCVT (various Toyotas).

Have you driven it yet?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage base ES 1.2 manual: 54.0 mpg (US) ... 23.0 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.9 mpg (Imp)

Member BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes I have. Very quiet; hard to tell when ICE is running. Lots of options to set up on display panel. Test drive too short to get impression of fuel economy, but, obviously, I agree with your comment about positive reviews.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)