Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I got a speeding ticket in my mirage today....

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    It starts to get a little spooky at that point for sure, triple digits require concentration and intestinal fortitude!
    It actually starts to hunker down a bit and hug the road above 80. You'd be surprised.

In my opinion it feels much more stable there than at 60.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank_A05 For This Useful Post:

Remy (05-30-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_A05 View Post
    It actually starts to hunker down a bit and hug the road above 80. You'd be surprised.

Yah, for only 74HP it's capable of some pretty amazing speed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Yah, for only 74HP it's capable of some pretty amazing speed.
    That's what I love about this car. If you really want... You can get 50mpg. Or inversely...If you want (or need) to scream down the highway at 90 you can do that too.

It just sucks to drive on gusty days. Lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    84 is just normal freeway speeds. And the Mirage is very solid at higher speeds.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I got a speeding ticket in my Mirage in 2015. State trooper said I was doing 75 in a 55, but I don't believe I was doing 20 over. It was right before the expressway changes to 65, so maybe.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybeaver View Post
    I got a speeding ticket in my Mirage in 2015. State trooper said I was doing 75 in a 55, but I don't believe I was doing 20 over. It was right before the expressway changes to 65, so maybe.
    Was that a pricey ticket? I haven't been notified yet about what this ticket is gonna cost me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

My wife once commented on the speedometer in the Mirage, which as we know goes to 140 mph. She said there was no way that the little car would even go 100.

Well. I proved her wrong. The mirage is remarkably stable at 100 mph. The little engine sure is singing though!

And now my own pulled-over-in-a-three-banger story...

A few weeks back, I'm in my blue three cylinder steed, driving home from somewhere. I've got the radio playing, the A/C going, and as per freakin' usual, someone with a much, MUCH faster car is impeding my forward progress. Speed limit is 65, this clown is going 40. Two lane highway. There is a BMW motorcycle behind me. I see an opening, ease the car into 4th, and open that three-pot up. I wind it up to 75, and get back in my lane, and back it down to 65. The BMW bike (Looks like an RT1200, is it someone I know?) is still behind me, having also passed the slow-moving car. Not long after that, I come to *another* parade-maker going 20 mph under the limit. Put the little blue jellybean in third, nail the gas, ease the clutch out, hit fourth going past grandma, and I've got the car up to 85 before I back it down to 65. The BMW is really on my tail now. We get to the small town, and I slow down to 45, which is the limit.

And that's when I learned that the OHP started riding BMW motorcycles instead of Harley-Davidsons. He gave me a warning... for failing to signal. I count myself lucky.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tinker1980 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-04-2017),MetroMPG (06-06-2017),mohammad (10-18-2021),Pryme (06-04-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker1980 View Post
    My wife once commented on the speedometer in the Mirage, which as we know goes to 140 mph. She said there was no way that the little car would even go 100.

Well. I proved her wrong. The mirage is remarkably stable at 100 mph. The little engine sure is singing though!

A few weeks back, I'm in my blue three cylinder steed, driving home from somewhere. I've got the radio playing, the A/C going, and as per freakin' usual, someone with a much, MUCH faster car is impeding my forward progress. Speed limit is 65, this clown is going 40. Two lane highway. There is a BMW motorcycle behind me. I see an opening, ease the car into 4th, and open that three-pot up. I wind it up to 75, and get back in my lane, and back it down to 65. The BMW bike (Looks like an RT1200, is it someone I know?) is still behind me, having also passed the slow-moving car. Not long after that, I come to *another* parade-maker going 20 mph under the limit. Put the little blue jellybean in third, nail the gas, ease the clutch out, hit fourth going past grandma, and I've got the car up to 85 before I back it down to 65. The BMW is really on my tail now. We get to the small town, and I slow down to 45, which is the limit.

And that's when I learned that the OHP started riding BMW motorcycles instead of Harley-Davidsons. He gave me a warning... for failing to signal. I count myself lucky.
    Lmao didn't see that coming haha

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker1980 View Post

Oh wow! Haha. What a lucky break. I thought he would have nailed you for sure.

Great story!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Was that a pricey ticket? I haven't been notified yet about what this ticket is gonna cost me.
    I went to court and they knocked it down to a Moving Violation. Which here in New York ended up costing me $220.