Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Replacement Struts and Shocks

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,556 Times in 964 Posts
    Good question, Eggman. I was going to ask the same thing. I wonder if this is a "too much body roll" concern that would bebetter addressed with a rear stabilizer bar.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage base ES 1.2 manual: 54.0 mpg (US) ... 23.0 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

MightyMirageMpg (10-16-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy409 View Post
    I am searching for any cheap replacement struts / shocks available for my 2015 Mirage DE

After working my ass off for two summers to buy this gas "efficient" car to get to school and back, I am finding that all the parts for this car are quadrupled in price.
    Thanks Mitsubishi, for the great deal with "efficiency". Since you want $1000 + labor just for new shocks, it seems I'm paying the same ,OR More, as if I had bought an 8 cylinder SUV.

Does anyone know if I can put ANY other shocks on this car? Preferably in the $40-$50 each range?, (as they should be priced)

Does anyone know if I can put ANY other shocks on this car from the Lancer or Evolution?

Thank you very much if you can provide some information.

Jimmy409

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...ket-parts-site

This thread has a link too a site that sells KYB's for about $60/ea

But i cannot recommend that site on good faith, or the shocks. I've not dealt with either.

E30 bmw, 1st gen Toyota Echo, (((which leads me to believe suzuki sx4 and the original Scion XB could be made to work))) rear shocks both fit if you get a little happy with a grinder and bushings. Honestly though i suggest ponying up the cash for factories unless you have a specific goal in mind. There is no non-mirage bolt-in shock im aware of.

Good luck.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Question

Hello Forum Members,

Thank you all for your responses.

I found out that the shocks are leaking after I accidentally drove off of a standard parking lot curb at 2 MPH. The car did not bottom out.
    The ride is rough now, and I'm afraid that if I do not get new shocks soon, the car will rattle itself apart.

Again thank you for the link and info. - I will check that out.

However, if anyone has any more information on how else to replace these shocks cheap, please post.

Thank you ALL !!!

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hello Forum Members,

Thank you all for your responses.

I found out that the shocks are leaking after I accidentally drove off of a standard parking lot curb at 2 MPH. The car did not bottom out.
    The ride is rough now, and I'm afraid that if I do not get new shocks soon, the car will rattle itself apart.

Again thank you for the link and info. - I will check that out.

However, if anyone has any more information on how else to replace these shocks cheap, please post.

Thank you ALL !!!
    Wrecking yard would be the cheapest probably

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.6 mpg (US) ... 17.3 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ...I found out that the shocks are leaking...
    ...I'm afraid that if I do not get new shocks soon, the car will rattle itself apart.
    Worn out shocks will cause tire cupping...so don't wait too long to get them replaced.

Last edited by Top_Fuel; 10-18-2017 at 04:08 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 51.6 mpg (US) ... 21.9 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 61.9 mpg (Imp)