Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sound coming from the front ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vitaminado View Post
    Going to dealership again.... They are going to see it again.. Its seams that the rattle sound its from de inner pad.. There are noise problems with other mitsubishi cars, more expensive ones... Suspension, brakes, interior noise...
    Even if it is a low cost car i can not understand the way the lid of the glove compartment was made... If it is a global car it should have been made for good and bad roads.
    You must have some pretty bad roads there! Here the worst we just have are potholes in the city that bend wheels and washboard gravel on some country roads that beats the bottom of the car up a bit. Out of 35 cars I haven't seen any brake pads rattling around. I just changed a set of pads on a 15' and they fit pretty snug and don't move. That's too bad you are stuck getting work done at the dealer, thing are much easier here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    No, we have good roads, but many secondary roads were built with granit stone cubes, they have years (some of them centurys) , and many were very weel built, problem is some of them were opened to put modern pipes and cable... And nothing stays the same. ;-).
    The sound comming from the brakes its heard even in a bump. What i dont understand its that being considered normal by mitsubishi. I had several cars and never one like this...
    Note my car is the 2017 model... I think they have swaped the pads

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Just came from the dealership and they showed me the problem and apparently there os nothing more to do except put a little grease (from mitsubishi) on the edges of the pad to stop it from rattling. It gets worse as the paint(blues) gets scrapped and the pad gets thinner. Its a problem known to Mitsubishi and not only for Mirage /space star..
    They sell the cars but dont care about fixing stuff. Very disapointed.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Just came from the dealership and they showed me the problem
    It appears as if you may be the only forum member with this problem. Sorry you have to deal with this.
    Last edited by Eggman; 06-28-2017 at 08:05 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    My model its the My16, and i dont know if there are diferences, but i was told and saw that were others in the dealership with the same problem. Ex Space Star its now offered with Yokohama tires...mine came with Bridgestone Potenza. And there are complaints with Asx and even Outlander.

My model its the My16, and i dont know if there are diferences, but i was told and saw that were others in the dealership with the same problem. Ex Space Star its now offered with Yokohama tires...mine came with Bridgestone Potenza. And there are complaints with Asx and even Outlander.
    What size tires come factory there?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    There is only one spec...175/55/15'

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Vitaminado For This Useful Post:

jusAmirage (07-15-2017)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    The noise continues, as the pad wear the rattle increases, now with unweaven alphalt road...sometimes its not eard but felt...waiting on Mitsubishi to respond. Another stab in the back from Mitsubishi... I bought my car with campaign discount..the campaig continues after a year...result?!!!...they cant sell used cars at price tag without campaign so our cars lost more than 5000 euros in less than 1 year.

I'm gonna say you have a unique problem. At least unique to the northern 2/3's of North America. I've never seen pads on these cars wear down the edges and rattle around. If anything I've only seen them tighten up from getting a little dirt and rust built up around and under the anti rattle clips.

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Well, probably you put the radio to loud..Name:  IMG_20170718_173721.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  86.2 KB..a picture of the brake pad (exterior). I saw the tech unmount the brake and he explained de problem of the fitting of the pad. He also told me that my pads were from TRW.

Last edited by Vitaminado; 07-18-2017 at 06:05 PM.