Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sound coming from the front ...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Every once in a while, the torque wrench that is built into my right arm needs to be re-calibrated.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Got the car monday...the noise is still there...only in bad road, but i say its not a metalic sound ...and stops when a touch the brake padle.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mine was making more of a solid knocking sound going over bumps...but would disappear with barely any pressure on the brake pedal.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

[QUOTE=Vitaminado;60840]Got the car monday...the noise is still there...only in bad road, but i say its not a metalic sound ...and stops when a touch the brake padle.[/QUOTE

If it stops making noise when you touch the brakes I'd be looking the front calipers.
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-21-2017 at 09:37 PM. Reason: ..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    They did...our brake pads bounce around they are not tight fit..and it gets worse with pad wear...as i was told.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitaminado View Post
    ...our brake pads bounce around they are not tight fit..and it gets worse with pad wear...as i was told.
    If your dealership told you that, it's time to go to an independent shop. The outer pads are clipped onto the caliper. The inner pads sit in grooves in the caliper mounting bracket (and are held firmly in place with 'anti-rattle' clips). If everything is assembled properly, your brake pads will not move at all or make any noise when the brakes are not applied. The wear on the pad friction material has nothing to do with how they are secured to the caliper.

If your noise hasn't changed, just take your car to a good independent shop willing to spend a few minutes diagnosing the noise. Obviously your dealer didn't want to bother with it.

They did...our brake pads bounce around they are not tight fit..and it gets worse with pad wear...as i was told.
    They don't bounce around. Especially with only 20k. Hearing about things like this makes me want to open my own place. If I can't figure something out I'll at least admit it and not blow smoke up your hoop.

And I'll have to take another look at the caliper bolts. I just replaced pads on a 15' and I'm positive the bolts were reversed the way the schematics show them.

EDIT:
    Nevermind..I was looking at the parts breakdown for the eclipse not the Mirage. oops...
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-22-2017 at 06:37 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Going outside Mitsubishi dealership its not an option... 5 year warranty... And the brands are always wishing you void it...

I allways thought there was to much brake dust on the wheels.. My car as only 13000km...

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    I began to ear a sound coming from the front when cruising at low speed over a stone brick road, its like a suspension work sound, not the brake pad metalic noise...strange thing is that when i press the brakes it stops or reduces...
    Checked visually and didnt saw nothing wrong...im going to test again tomorow.
    Its fine as long as it rattles!
    If it don't any more, check that the brakes aren't dragging. Dragging brakes usually get unnoticed, but ruin you mpg values at least.

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Going to dealership again.... They are going to see it again.. Its seams that the rattle sound its from de inner pad.. There are noise problems with other mitsubishi cars, more expensive ones... Suspension, brakes, interior noise...
    Even if it is a low cost car i can not understand the way the lid of the glove compartment was made... If it is a global car it should have been made for good and bad roads.