Thread: 2013 Attrage owner (It's gotta be blue)

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks

Smile 2013 Attrage owner (It's gotta be blue)

Greetings, one and all! How're you all doing?

Name:  InkedIMG_20170219_173931_LI.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  93.2 KB

I've been the proud owner of an Attrage since late 2013. These are one of the first batches to have arrived in my home country of Malaysia. I've had my share of ups and downs with this car, mostly ups but notable downs include the starter motor engagement issue causing a hellish racket. Swapped out under warranty.

Surely, we can all gather 'round some virtual campfire and swap stories. I am one of those spirited eco drivers (conservation of momentum, baby!). I've had some hairy moments with this car while taking corners due to the unique way this car is set up.

The reason I've finally decided to join this site even after knowing of its existence for a while now, though, is to unearth the aftermarket scene for this car. My parts are still stock save for some lights and some wear-and-tear components. Aftermarket options seem to be very limited, sadly. But if I do make a friend or two along the way, I can't complain.

I'll make the garage entry once I find the time to.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site!

What kind of aftermarket stuff are you looking for?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Welcome, Zechariah!

You're in the company of more than a few enthusiastic eco-drivers here. (Also lots of traditional performance drivers seem to enjoy blasting around in their Mirages.) Hopefully you'll start a fuel log here.

Did you go with the CVT or manual trans?

Quote Originally Posted by Zechariah View Post
    had some hairy moments with this car while taking corners due to the unique way this car is set up
    I imagine you'd want to look at suspension mods. In Malaysia, what does the Attrage come with as far as anti-roll bars? We get the front bar standard in North America. Rear bar is aftermarket only, and owners like them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Welcome, Zechariah!

You're in the company of more than a few enthusiastic eco-drivers here. (Also lots of traditional performance drivers seem to enjoy blasting around in their Mirages.) Hopefully you'll start a fuel log here.

Did you go with the CVT or manual trans?
    Great to know. The car was pretty fun to chuck into corners, that is, until my recent tyre change robbed the feel out of the steering. About a fuel log, is there some way to import over from Fuelly? My records are on that side. I picked the CVT transmission as I found it more interesting at the time. First time encountering a CVT and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Welcome to the site!

What kind of aftermarket stuff are you looking for?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I imagine you'd want to look at suspension mods. In Malaysia, what does the Attrage come with as far as anti-roll bars? We get the front bar standard in North America. Rear bar is aftermarket only, and owners like them.
    Spot on. I want to see what suspension mods have other owners done to their cars to combat the body roll. Our version does have a front anti-roll bar but not a rear one. I know Ultra Racing makes one for the rear but I'm not sure if it'll help all that much. I suspect that the body roll is due to the car being underdamped on the spring rebound event, so I'm trying to see what adjustable dampers have been made for the car that allows independent adjustment of the compression and rebound rates. It may be softly sprung, but the ride does become slightly jarring when driving alone on some surfaces. I want to leave ride height well alone for now, though. Roads here are horrid in some places.

Do we have any other Malaysians here?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zechariah View Post
    Do we have any other Malaysians here?
    Yes, there are quite a few. There's Mirage owners here from around the world.

Welcome!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)