Canada
    Thanks
    I loved my Yaris. 5 speed manual.

I love my mirage more though...

2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    After my G4 got fixed I am shocked how much the parts were, around 2300, and that is before labor. That repair could of been more but there were aftermarket radiators for 200, vs 900 for original. Consumable items, like brakes and such are quite affordable even doing the job at the dealer!
    mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I ended up getting my wife a 2005 corolla with 125K miles on it for $4,000. I spent another $1,000 on tires and replacing some stuff like the water pump, etc. The car is in great shape and should go another 100K easily.

I've got 80K on my Mirage. I'm still not sure if I made the right choice. What bothers me is the mileages discussed here. I've seen a lot of posts about people bragging that their car has 70-100K on it. That's just getting broken in for a Toyota.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 39.7 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    You get what you pay for and Toyotas cost more so..
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Out of curiosity, what are the things you like more about the Mirage?

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    You get what you pay for and Toyotas cost more so..
    Yes and no. Lower cost Toyotas still have Torsion beam suspension. The quality of materials isn't necessarily better. Mostly the cost is due to more materials used because of size and the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranny View Post
    Out of curiosity, what are the things you like more about the Mirage?
    I like the smoothness of my CVT and how well the car corners when its lowered. Automatics have always been jerky, but the CVT in the Mirage works great. I'm trying to push my Mirage to the limit to see how much it understeers.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    Well..... I started checking on the parts needed to repair the starter grinding issue on my car.

Starter $577-$1,016, depending on the internet supplier. The $1016 price was Amazon Prime.
    CVT flexplate $178
    flywheel cover $20
    Dowel alignment pins $5
    If I was to have the dealer repair it, the labor is 5.9 hours if it were a warranty job. (Which in my case, it wouldn't be under warranty) Regular retail would probably be 8-10 hrs.@ approx $100-$125 per hour. Hell, I didnt pay much more than that for the car when I bought it.

These prices are crazy expensive. I really like the car, but I'm hating the parts cost. Nothing like my Geo Metros parts prices

******Not trying to jack this thread, but my comments go right along with the OP's concern about the cost of replacement parts. I decided to just copy/paste from another post I'd made, concerning the parts cost of a problem I'm having with my 2014. In my case, the Yaris is looking like the better choice.
    Try ebay. There's a rebuilt starter for $200 and some used ones for under $50. Normally I like going with new parts but with the Mirage I think you almost have to take a chance on used parts. Maybe it would be a good idea to find a 2015 starter since it seems like some of the 2014s are defective. And maybe you can shop around and find someone to do it cheaper. I've found mechanics on craigslist that do stuff cheaper.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 39.7 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.6 mpg (Imp)