Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Mirage Hatch and G4 any changes?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2018 Mirage Hatch and G4 any changes?

Does anyone know of any changes with the 18 models? Colors? Options?

If I remember correctly 2018 model cars in the US will require back up cameras.

Do you think think the mirage will get a special edition like the 15 Mirages had the RF, or how the outlander sport and lancer got the limited edition?

Haven't read a peep about the 2018's.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    One of the sales guys I was talking to said they were discontinuing the SE 5spd for 2018. I think he may have been feeding me a line because he knew I wanted 2 of them and he didn't have any lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was told there wasn't any such thing as a G4 with a 5 speed. I pointed out two of them on the lot.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    I suspect the Mirage will be a carryover for 2018 since Mitsubishi spent some coin and skipped the '16 model in order to bring it to market sooner. I doubt they would make the '17 a one-year model (albeit a long model year), but who knows. As was mentioned, the 2018s will require the backup camera/display audio, so it will become standard. I wouldn't expect much else to change...maybe a couple unpopular colors will be dropped and a couple more will be added.

As a sub-economy car that people don't expect the latest from in terms of performance, handing, technology, etc, I think the current Mirage platform still has a couple years left in it.

2019? That is a different story, and I am thinking the Mirage will likely be some kind of re-badged Micra variant. I doubt we will see a fully redesigned in-house Mitsubishi platform for the Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here is a link to cars direct regarding changes to the 2018 Mirages.

http://www.carsdirect.com/2018/mitsubishi/mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,467 Posts
    Just quoting the story linked above for those too lazy to click the link...

The Mitsubishi Mirage will get small updates for the 2018 model year. The budget-oriented car will gain new standard equipment, but some added comfort as well. However, a small price increase is also on tap, which could limit part of the car's appeal.

In terms of appearance, no major changes are on the way. Expect to see the same pint-size hatchback as before with seating for 5. For 2018, the main updates will be happening under the surface.

Entry-level ES models will now feature a rearview camera and 7-inch touchscreen audio system with Bluetooth connectivity. At the same time, drivers will get a steering wheel with phone and audio controls.

The mid-level SE is largely unchanged, but gains a standard driver's armrest. As before, expect to see standard features like 14-inch alloy wheels, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, fog lights, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support and more. The top-spec GT will be completely unchanged.

Under the hood, no major changes are on the way. Expect to see the same 1.2-liter 3-cylinder engine rated 78 hp with fuel economy boasting 43 mpg highway in the case of the 2017 model. A 5-spd manual transmission is standard, but a CVT is optional.

However, the Mirage will be losing the manual option on the SE trim. It will now only be available on the base ES model. This will match the setup in the 4-door Mirage G4.

The 2018 Mitsubishi Mirage is expected to arrive soon at dealers.

Official pricing will start at $14,260 with destination, $430 higher than the previous year. The change is essentially the result of a $400 increase in base price and a destination charge that's $30 higher than before.

The mid-level SE will start at $16,960, $1,300 more than it did before. However, the actual increase is quite negligible when you consider that the now-standard CVT was a $1,200 option previously.

Finally, the GT tops out at $17,460, which equates to a $100 increase in base price before considering the higher destination charge. As before, the Mirage G4 is priced $1,000 higher on both the ES and SE.
    I wonder what the driver's armrest is?

Why do they insist on limiting manual transmissions to certain models? What are the marketing guys thinking?!?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow so the sales guy was right. The SE will no longer have a manual option in 2018. So our 17 SE manuals are gonna be collectors hahaha

Get your clear plastic seat covers on there ASAP!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Pryme (07-23-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dropping the SE manual really ticks me off! While the radio/Bluetooth/backup cam was the main thing I liked about the SE and it's now on the ES, I still wanted the cruise control, keyless ignition, leather wheel/shifter, alloys, and fogs. The SE is the perfect package. I've been putting off considering one but I may have to grab one before they disappear.

Last edited by Carfreak09; 07-23-2017 at 01:53 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Carfreak09 For This Useful Post:

Pryme (07-23-2017)