Thread: Cheap Dome Light LED Upgrade

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts

Cheap Dome Light LED Upgrade

I was looking through the clearance category on the Walmart app last week and ran across this dome light LED upgrade for $4.13. Figured what the heck, chose the free delivery to store option and took a chance. The listing said it came with a variety of adapters so why not?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/CIVA-EVO-F...White/17806026

So in about a week picked it up and this is what it looks like. It does come with a variety of different bulb types that provide the power to the LED panel.

Name:  IMG_0474.jpg
Views: 1083
Size:  97.1 KB

There was an appropriate sized bulb adapter and I replaced the standard bulb with the adapter and plugged the LED light in.

Name:  IMG_0477.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  90.1 KB

The LED bulb comes with sticky tape, pushed the excess wiring into the opening inside the dome light and set it into place.

Name:  IMG_0478.jpg
Views: 878
Size:  85.1 KB

Replaced the cover. It's a very snug fit but it fits well. The LED light is actually in the blue range but that was fine for me. Should be a marked improvement over the single filament bulb.

Name:  IMG_0479.jpg
Views: 947
Size:  84.6 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

daleWV (06-11-2017),Daox (06-12-2017),Eggman (06-11-2017),MightyMirageMpg (06-12-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Looks good. Thanks for the pics.

Who doesn't like a cheap, easy upgrade? Why, it's even an Evo.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-11-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    The LED light is actually in the blue range but that was fine for me. Should be a marked improvement over the single filament bulb.
    Nice find! I got some LED bulbs on eBay to replace the incandescent dome lamp and used one for a while but unfortunately I ended up going back to the incandescent bulb. I found the intense bluish white light from the LED bulb to be strangely irritating and although it was brighter it seemed more difficult to see in the car. I'd love to find and LED replacement that more closely matches the spectrum of the incandescent bulb.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's cool I like the lightbulb power adaptors -- Not sure it gets any easier than this!