Thread: Biker Convert

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Biker Convert

Hi!

This is Mark, i'm from the Philippines. i have been riding motorcycles for nearly a third of my existence on this planet.

Recently i am able to get my hands on a brand spanking new Mirage G4. i did not expect much from it considering the car's limitations based on its configuration-which is my primary reason for acquiring it. Budget-wise, it suits me well and serves its purpose of moving myself and my family safely and economically.

Looking forward to great memories and experience being a recent 4-wheel convert.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kornelieux For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-19-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site Mark.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kornelieux View Post
    Looking forward to great memories and experience being a recent 4-wheel convert.
    Hi kornelieux - welcome to the world of cages, and welcome to the forum!

Let us know if you have any questions and we'll do our best to help out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hello Mark

I ride a Motorcycle most of the time as well. But here in Syracuse the winters are Rough. So from the end of November to April I have been driving a Jeep wrangler. Problem is that the jeep never gets better than 15 MPG. So I purchased a new Mirage two weeks ago. The thing gets the same gas milage as my motorcycle. Has more pickup than the jeep. I have seen reviews bashing this car. But I can't understand why. My poor Motorcycle has been sitting in the driveway rejected.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseMPG View Post
    Hello Mark

I ride a Motorcycle most of the time as well. But here in Syracuse the winters are Rough. So from the end of November to April I have been driving a Jeep wrangler. Problem is that the jeep never gets better than 15 MPG. So I purchased a new Mirage two weeks ago. The thing gets the same gas milage as my motorcycle. Has more pickup than the jeep. I have seen reviews bashing this car. But I can't understand why. My poor Motorcycle has been sitting in the driveway rejected.
    I know what you mean. I became a much more "fair weather rider" after I got a Mirage. Which begs the question why are new motorcycles so darn expensive when you can buy a brand new car for less--far less than many bikes?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome aboard!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kornelieux View Post
    Hi!

This is Mark, i'm from the Philippines. i have been riding motorcycles for nearly a third of my existence on this planet.

Recently i am able to get my hands on a brand spanking new Mirage G4. i did not expect much from it considering the car's limitations based on its configuration-which is my primary reason for acquiring it. Budget-wise, it suits me well and serves its purpose of moving myself and my family safely and economically.

Welcome to the forum.
    mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Welcome, Mark!

Will you miss the bike? I've had one motorcycle - a Ninja 250. Sold it after a couple of years when I concluded it was competing with my bicycle for local trips! (I live in a small city where biking is a viable way to get around most of the time.)

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Howdy sir and welcome! I know exactly what you mean - I rode a 1999 Honda Shadow ACE up until I bought my Mirage. My Shadow sat neglected ever since. Now I'm selling it (if anyone is interested around here.... )