Thread: Question about stock 2017 apple car play compatible head unit

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Question about stock 2017 apple car play compatible head unit

I have a 2011 Evo MR with the Rockford Fosgate and nav and sat radio. It has several menus to configure the cars parameters like for example when you lock the car with the fob do you get a horn beep back response, there are several other things that you can also configure like if you put the car into park do the doors unlock. Plus it has maintenance reminders.

I really would like to install a car play radio but I don't want to use an off the shelf aftermarket unit because there would be no way, as far as I know, for one to be able to control all of these car settings that the stock unit does. Therefore I would like to install an oem mitsubishi one and currently the mirage is the first (maybe only) one that exists right now with apple car play.

I don't suppose anyone would have an clue whether or not this would be plug n play? I read on another thread that it sounded like even an older mirage to the new one were wired differently.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by koolzero View Post
    I have a 2011 Evo MR with the Rockford Fosgate and nav and sat radio. It has several menus to configure the cars parameters like for example when you lock the car with the fob do you get a horn beep back response, there are several other things that you can also configure like if you put the car into park do the doors unlock. Plus it has maintenance reminders.

I really would like to install a car play radio but I don't want to use an off the shelf aftermarket unit because there would be no way, as far as I know, for one to be able to control all of these car settings that the stock unit does. Therefore I would like to install an oem mitsubishi one and currently the mirage is the first (maybe only) one that exists right now with apple car play.

I don't suppose anyone would have an clue whether or not this would be plug n play? I read on another thread that it sounded like even an older mirage to the new one were wired differently.

It is wired differently.
    You also would lose any of those configurable parameters and sat radio since the 17 head unit has neither of those options.

(blank signature)