Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange Box in engine compartment

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I thought I read in Texas they have to tell you too but somewhere in the fine print you sign your right to know away. But the internet isn't always right.

If installing a hardwire gps voids warranty then I guess we have 35 void warranties? We tried the obd gps's and they caused nothing but problems in the Mirage's.

Another guess as to what that box is, maybe one of those cheesy anti rust things that are supposed to prevent rust by sending low voltage to the metal. I've seen one of those "installed" on a 00'ish camaro the wires were attached to the plastic front fenders...
    I delved deeper into the issue, and now I know what the box is for. My mirage has some LED daytime running lights. When I disconnect the ground wire coming from the box, those lights don't work. I got suspicious due to the grafted-on nature of the box, on what is otherwise a well-constructed and thought out car. Hooked the ground wire back up, and my DRL's work again.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tinker1980 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-26-2017),MetroMPG (06-29-2017),mitsumi (06-23-2017)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    i see haha.. but should that really be installed that way? or it has a correct portion or position in the engine bay.?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    i see haha.. but should that really be installed that way? or it has a correct portion or position in the engine bay.?
    Yep, that's the question. That's why I unhooked it to see if anything stopped. It looked quite out of place. Those lights might be a dealer installed option?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Attachment 9497
    Attachment 9498
    Heres a pic i got from a mitsu event this is for a hatch 2017.

does it look like a silver cover? it might be the used for the HID
    Mitsumi, not to take this too off topic, but is that a stock Mirage? I'm wondering about the strut tower brace, and the MIVEC badge on the airbox.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybeaver View Post
    Mitsumi, not to take this too off topic, but is that a stock Mirage? I'm wondering about the strut tower brace, and the MIVEC badge on the airbox.
    yes, if bought the top of the line mirage here it comes with that strut and the mivec badge. mine has the strut and mivec.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    yes, if bought the top of the line mirage here it comes with that strut and the mivec badge. mine has the strut and mivec.
    Hmm, I'm a little jealous.

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yep I bet they were a dealer installed option. I ordered them for my car and have not had them installed yet but looking at the intruction book that is exactly where and how it goes since they are an add on part but they are OEM Mitsubishi made. I have a 2017 Mirage G4 SE in Wine Red also. Anyway those LEDrunning lights look sharp on your car.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker1980 View Post
    Yep, that's the question. That's why I unhooked it to see if anything stopped. It looked quite out of place. Those lights might be a dealer installed option?

Mirage G4 SE
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Where did you get that matching body color strut brace bar? Thats nice!