Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mirage 2017

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Welcome! I originally thought the same way your mechanic does. Figured the cheap Mirage would start having issues around 200000kms if not sooner. That doesn't seem to be the case.
    Do you know what was the highest mileage ever recorded on Mirage?

Vovanchik and Mirage Musya

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 40.3 mpg (US) ... 17.1 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    hm, nice. what is your mileage?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 40.3 mpg (US) ... 17.1 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.4 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the Impaler View Post
    FYI:
    Thread: How many miles/kilometers on your Mirage/Space Star so far?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

288000kms is the highest one I know of. Highway miles obviously but nothing has needed to be replaced other than brakes,tires the front catalytic converter. Otherwise just regular oil and air filter changes. It has started to use 1/2 liter of oil every 6000kms, no visible smoke or leaks though. Still runs great and everything works.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Daox (07-12-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    288000kms is the highest one I know of. Highway miles obviously but nothing has needed to be replaced other than brakes,tires the front catalytic converter. Otherwise just regular oil and air filter changes. It has started to use 1/2 liter of oil every 6000kms, no visible smoke or leaks though. Still runs great and everything works.

wow, that's a lot!!!! what about the battery??? coz in harsh winter it may die after 5-6 years?

wow, that's a lot!!!! what about the battery??? coz in harsh winter it may die after 5-6 years?
    No battery problems at all. Out of 20 15's and 17 17's, I've only had to change the one converter and one ignition coil on higher mileage 2015's. 2 2017 cars had a relay fail last winter which made them not start weeks after purchase. Called roadside assistance and both cars were towed and repaired. The only other issue I can think of is the wires going to the purge solenoid mounted under the back of the car. If you drive a lot of back roads you may want to wrap some extra electrical tape around them where they come down from the bumper. They are trouble free otherwise.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    No battery problems at all. Out of 20 15's and 17 17's, I've only had to change the one converter and one ignition coil on higher mileage 2015's. 2 2017 cars had a relay fail last winter which made them not start weeks after purchase. Called roadside assistance and both cars were towed and repaired. The only other issue I can think of is the wires going to the purge solenoid mounted under the back of the car. If you drive a lot of back roads you may want to wrap some extra electrical tape around them where they come down from the bumper. They are trouble free otherwise.

hm, the roads here are not good, but I may check those wires. we have lots of loose gravel here which damages a lot of windshields.