Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New head unit, ready for install!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, I think it has some kind of music functionality!

The display seems fine to me in sunlight at max brightness, but some people complained about a washed out display in other reviews.

1999 Mirage DE 1.5 Auto
    2015 Mirage DE 1.2 CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I installed a Raspberry Pi with RetroPie along with a bunch of games for the NES, SNES, GBC, and GBA. Once I am satisfied with everything, I will be mounting it behind the glove box.

I'm using an old RPi 1 B+ with 512MB and a 8GB SD card that I had laying in a drawer for awhile. I am also using a Logitech F310 gamepad and the whole thing is hooked up via my RCA video and audio inputs on the back of the ATOTO head unit.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    1999 Mirage DE 1.5 Auto
    2015 Mirage DE 1.2 CVT

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Brianm13 For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (09-13-2017)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Hey @Brianm13, can you please share how did you manage to make the backup camera work on your android head unit? I am planning to install one, and main concerns is the backup camera

What size of android head unit should I get? 8" or 7"?

Appreciate all the help!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey Shadir41.

The head unit has a RCA jack on the back of it for a backup camera, I just simply connected the RCA cable from the camera to the back of the head unit. I then spliced into the backup light that comes on when you put the car in reverse and soldered the camera power cable to that, so whenever the car is put in reverse, the camera powers on and the head unit becomes active.

As far as the size, 7in is the standard size for the Metra face plate, so that's what I would probably stick with until you can find one that supports and 8in head unit or modify an existing face place. The brand that I purchased is one of the very few that fits the Metra face plate without any modification to the face plate itself.

Hope that helps.
    1999 Mirage DE 1.5 Auto
    2015 Mirage DE 1.2 CVT

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianm13 View Post
    Hey Shadir41.

The head unit has a RCA jack on the back of it for a backup camera, I just simply connected the RCA cable from the camera to the back of the head unit. I then spliced into the backup light that comes on when you put the car in reverse and soldered the camera power cable to that, so whenever the car is put in reverse, the camera powers on and the head unit becomes active.

As far as the size, 7in is the standard size for the Metra face plate, so that's what I would probably stick with until you can find one that supports and 8in head unit or modify an existing face place. The brand that I purchased is one of the very few that fits the Metra face plate without any modification to the face plate itself.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks, at least an idea

Btw, what if I wanted to use my stock backup camera? I just have to plugin the RCA cable right? No need to splice, since it is already connected. (I think)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shadir41 View Post
    Thanks, at least an idea

Btw, what if I wanted to use my stock backup camera? I just have to plugin the RCA cable right? No need to splice, since it is already connected. (I think)
    Yup, it should be plug-n-play since power is already there.

1999 Mirage DE 1.5 Auto
    2015 Mirage DE 1.2 CVT

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brianm13 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-19-2017),shadir41 (09-20-2017)