Thread: Driving on LPG

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks

Cool Driving on LPG

I drive quite a lot here in Thailand, and here the gasoline is quite expensive too
    so I install LPG, so now I drive about 450km for $12.60
    and the car runs a lot better and cleaner, and I don't have a black oil when I change just a bit darker brown.

Some day maybe it look like this, if my son get what he want :-)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage GLS ltd 1.2 automatic: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

How much cheaper is propane than gas there? It used to be way cheaper when I started driving but now it's only about 10cents a liter cheaper. Gas is about 84 cents a liter here right now.
    I agree, propane does keep the engine cleaner. Did you do the conversion yourself? Do you run hotter spark plugs and did you do any head work?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    How much cheaper is propane than gas there? It used to be way cheaper when I started driving but now it's only about 10cents a liter cheaper. Gas is about 84 cents a liter here right now.
    I agree, propane does keep the engine cleaner. Did you do the conversion yourself? Do you run hotter spark plugs and did you do any head work?
    I have a company do a professional install of it and I think they put new sparkplug in too and trim the computer
    to make it run nice and smothly.

the price on LPG here is under half the price of Gasoline about 15bath/L = $0.45/L

Some day maybe it look like this, if my son get what he want :-)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage GLS ltd 1.2 automatic: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hellstens For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-16-2019)