Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I wasn't happy with my 17 ES

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Yeah the Mirage depreciates really fast. Probably a 20% loss the minute you drive it off the Dealers lot and than about $1200 a year depreciation is what I calculate for mine.

And if you trade anything in to the Dealer you are just begging to get taken advantage of.

Why do we ever trade anything in to the Dealer? We all know better than to do that. We should have listened to the lessons our parents taught us.....

2) Dont ever trade in a car to the dealer
    3) Dont ever lease a car
    4) Say no to the extended warranties and the higher trim levels (bells and whistles like a moon-roof)
    5) Say no to rustproofing, dealer prep fee, lojack
    6) Say no to "maintenance package" with free oil changes and tire rotations at the dealership

Oh wait......I forgot Rule #1 which makes all the other rules moot

1) Dont ever step foot in a new car Dealership unless you want to get sheared like a sheep
    As to your last point, don't walk into any dealership without the deal already being done via email/phone.

The mirage is what it is. A cheap good lil runabout. If you don't have any unrealistic expectations for a 10k brand new car with a 10yr 100k mile warranty, you will be satisfied. I wanted a cheap reliable car with the best mileage I could find and I also like how it's a rare car. I don't like what everyone else has.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

burghbeagle (07-10-2017),Eggman (07-10-2017),inuvik (07-10-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    As to your last point, don't walk into any dealership without the deal already being done via email/phone.

The mirage is what it is. A cheap good lil runabout. If you don't have any unrealistic expectations for a 10k brand new car with a 10yr 100k mile warranty, you will be satisfied. I wanted a cheap reliable car with the best mileage I could find and I also like how it's a rare car. I don't like what everyone else has.
    I'll second that! We love our Mirage for those reasons and it's got "personality".

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (07-10-2017),Pryme (07-10-2017)

Sorry to hear your '17 didn't work out for you, Boston.

How are you liking the Lancer?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)