Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Bye 2015 Mirage ES With CVT

Junior Member BillThompson-2015-ES-CVT's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Good Bye 2015 Mirage ES With CVT

1. Recently I traded in my 2015 Mirage ES with CVT, which had 6,920 miles on odometer, for $7,500 plus sales tax difference on a new 2017 Hyundai Hybrid Ioniq SEL trim. I thought forum members would want to know current trade in value here in South Texas.

2. I can expound more on the transaction, but I know some forum members object to this forum being used to discuss other vehicles. I will leave it up to the moderator(s) to issue guidance on how much I can say about the Ioniq and the whole transaction experience. Bill Thompson.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 46.9 mpg (US) ... 19.9 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Hope the Hyundai works out for you Bill !

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillThompson-2015-ES-CVT View Post
    1. Recently I traded in my 2015 Mirage ES with CVT, which had 6,920 miles on odometer, for $7,500 plus sales tax difference on a new 2017 Hyundai Hybrid Ioniq SEL trim. I thought forum members would want to know current trade in value here in South Texas.

2. I can expound more on the transaction, but I know some forum members object to this forum being used to discuss other vehicles. I will leave it up to the moderator(s) to issue guidance on how much I can say about the Ioniq and the whole transaction experience. Bill Thompson.
    1. Wow you got a good trade-in value on your Mirage. Low miles.

2. I would like to hear more of your trade-in experience and why you decided to go with the hybrid. I'm sure it has more room...

I don't think most folks here would object to hearing your reasons why you traded in your Mirage for an Ioniq. However, I personally think continued discussion about other vehicles would be best done on forums dedicated to those models.

You have the benefit of having *owned* a Mirage - your reasons for trading in are at least based on that experience rather than speculation.

Do you still have your other Mirage - the 2014 ES?
    Last edited by Eggman; 06-01-2017 at 09:31 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Member BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you, Eggman, for setting some limits on what I can discuss on this forum. I will comply when I post the information. The 2014 ES was traded in on another vehicle (a 2015 Kia Soul) in March 2015. Bill.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I read about the new Hyundai vs prius in the new motortrend. It stacked up pretty well against the big champ prius. Got close on city mileage but still a ways away on hwy during their testing. Still seems like a good car and a step in the right direction.
    Hyundai has come so far. I traded a 2008 Elantra on the mirage. I had minimal issues over 8.5yrs of ownership but only had 66k when I traded it. But the trans. Was starting to act a little funny lagging on downshift before stopping and stuff and didn't want to chance it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am considering trading mine in this weekend... I will create a thread as well if I do. Please let us know about the Hyundai, and some pics!
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    PRELIMINARY FUEL OBSERVATIONS 2017 HYUNDAI IONIQ SEL TRIM.docName:  3-IONIQ-DRIVER VIEW.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  97.2 KB

Two attachments containing a photo and preliminary observed fuel economy. I used the www.carmax.com appraisal process as negotiating tool with dealer. Dealer accepted the Car Max appraisal of $7,500 after initially offering $7,000. I guess it was time for a new car as to why I traded.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 46.9 mpg (US) ... 19.9 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looks nice. Keep us posted on how it is going.

Congrats, Bill.

I know you prize good fuel economy, so you should have lots of fun playing the MPG game with a hybrid.

I've read more than a couple of reviews of the Ioniq, and they've all been positive.

One unusual thing about Hyundai's approach is the use of a dual-clutch automatic transmission instead of a planetary gearset CVT, like Toyota uses in their hybrids. I know where my money would go on a long-term reliability bet between the two.

However you don't seem to keep your cars very long, so it won't be a worry for you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A few short comments on fuel economy. Put 295 miles on the Ioniq. It took 4.75 gallons to fill it up when I did fueling. MPG is 62.11. EPA rating is combined 55MPG. Used cruise control often. A/C is set at 78 degrees F., due to plus 90 degree temperatures. About 50% driving on local expressways here in San Antonio and 50% on surface streets. The Ioniq frequently engages in all electric mode, even at highway speeds. Amazing fuel economy.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BillThompson-2015-ES-CVT For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-11-2017)