Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone, I'm new

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Hi everyone, I'm new

Hello everyone,

I just drove my new 17 mirage es off the lot on lunch today. it's mercury grey, manual, added bluetooth, fog lights, window visors and all weather floor mats.

I intend on putting alloy wheels on for the summer, and keep the steel wheels for the winter.

I am also planning on putting yaris rear springs in it, and the ultra racing rear sway bar.

I bought this car as a daily driver. I have an 08 Audi A3 2.0T 6-speed manual. I also have a 99 Suzuki Savage 650. They both sit in the garage all winter, and I traded in my 15 grand caravan that I hated, and never should have bought. I'm an enthusiast, so even though I don't plan on modifying this car much, that might change.

This car is my daily. My commute isn't terrible, 20 minutes, but I sometimes work a second job on the weekends delivering pizza and 19 mpg's in the grand caravan was KILLING me. So I decided since I have a "fun car" already, I just wanted an economy car that I could park anywhere. I literally had 3 things I had to have. I wanted a manual, 35 mpg at least, and Bluetooth. I got what I wanted for a price I can afford, and got all the accessories I wanted as part of my deal. I was thinking about picking up an old Metro, but with the price on this new mirage, the deal I got and the warrenty, I'll take it.

I'm in upstate NY, USA, so winter tires will be mandatory for me, which is why I wanted an ES with steel wheels. Does anyone put studded snows on their mirage? Did it make a difference over regular snow tires?

This forum has been great. I've been reading it for a solid week before I even registered. Tons of useful information here.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CSCustomCars For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-10-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site and congrats on the new Mirage!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

CSCustomCars (07-10-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Welcome to the site and the Mirage family!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome aboard!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Welcome to the forum.

Consider saving your money for now and try driving it as it is. You have your other toys built for fun driving. The Mirage has done well in snow with the factory Enasaves. If you have a decent set of tires on now, you might not have to worry about a set of snow tires. If you still want them, you might be able to find a set cheap on Craigslist from another model car.

Just be sure to get your alignment checked. If you don't already know why, ask.

And I agree - this is a pretty good community here.

PS: If your dealer figures out how to store two sets of TPMS sensors in the ECU, tell us how!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was just planning on running the snows without sensors, since they only stay on the car for 3-4 months.

The select 4 or so things I want to modify is purely for driving enjoyment. The car is fine the way it is, but I love to corner. I would like my daily to corner like a go kart. So I have no intention of changing much. Yaris springs, with a sway bar will be perfectly sufficient for my daily. And when it needs tires, I will put some better all seasons that are more of a touring tire rather than a fuel saver.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Posting your new Enasaves for sale could help defray the cost of a new set of wheels.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was planning on keeping them until they need to be replaced. Why buy new tires now? I'll wait till I need new ones.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  19702944_10214045821846599_7290660957217356390_o.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  101.2 KB

Welcome
    I Live in upstate NY as well and have a Suzuki S40 That sits in the Garage all winter. I Need to Have my 2017 Mirage to offset the Carbon Footprint my wife makes with her Ford F 350.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SyracuseMPG For This Useful Post:

CSCustomCars (07-11-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    welcome to the forum!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Emizel For This Useful Post:

CSCustomCars (07-11-2017)