Thread: Display Titles/Artists/Song playing on radio?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Display Titles/Artists/Song playing on radio?

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and I have a question. I bought a 2017 Mirage SEL in April and I am loving it so far. It has the factory default display audio system and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to display the name of the song I am listening to if I put in a CD or if I'm listening to the radio. Is there even a way to do this? Also how would I go about updating the system? I can't find any info anywhere. Thanks guys!
    - Chrissy

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Hello thechrissyb and welcome to the forum.

The radio used in this version of the Mirage is limited in what it shows on it's display. Details can be found in chapter 7 of the 2017 Owner's Manual.

It doesn't display RDS (Radio Data System) information.

It can display CD and MP3 ID3 tag information such as Album, Track and Artist. This can be selected using the Info button on your radio. You can also choose to display audio file info or the clock. The steps are pretty detailed, and can be found in your manual.

I wrote about the Link System and was able to update the firmware. You can read all about it here:

Link System | Fuse | HFM (Hands Free Module) - Software Update

However, the new firmware doesn't change the RDS or ID3 tag display.

Hope this helps. Again, welcome.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)