Thread: Will a 2017 mirage g4 touchscreen fit into a 2015 mirage es?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Will a 2017 mirage g4 touchscreen fit into a 2015 mirage es?

I want a touchscreen nav head unit for my 2015 i can get one from a 2017 g4 on ebay for 125$ just wondering will this fit into my 2015 as long as i get harnesses and wires and all that? And also will it work with steering wheel controls i may just pay best buy to install it so it looks factory unless someone here is near me and wants to to make some dough as im not mechanically inclined

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger86 View Post
    I want a touchscreen nav head unit for my 2015 i can get one from a 2017 g4 on ebay for 125$ just wondering will this fit into my 2015 as long as i get harnesses and wires and all that? And also will it work with steering wheel controls i may just pay best buy to install it so it looks factory unless someone here is near me and wants to to make some dough as im not mechanically inclined
    Yes it will fit, just make sure you get the correct sized bezel unless it comes with the head unit. Wiring is another matter. It may require a custom splicing to existing wiring to work, just depends on the head unit and it's wiring output. Steering wheel controls most likely will require some custom splicing. If you have hands free Bluetooth I'm not sure if anyone has had success with integrating the "Link System" with an aftermarket head unit. Others more knowledgeable than me will post about their experiences I'm sure

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    ...just make sure you get the correct sized bezel unless it comes with the head unit.
    I think for the best fit, you are going to want the dash trim from the 2017 as well. If you buy it from Mitsubishi, I think it's close to $100?!? There are some pics of different head unit trim in this thread.

Wiring is another matter.
    Yeah...it's not a plug-n-play deal for sure. Check out this thread.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I think for the best fit, you are going to want the dash trim from the 2017 as well. If you buy it from Mitsubishi, I think it's close to $100?!? There are some pics of different head unit trim in this thread.

Yeah...it's not a plug-n-play deal for sure. Check out this thread.
    It should work,.. I did the 2015 Nav to my 2014 non Nav... it is plug and play, I am sure the 2017 radio is also the same.. I will start working on this project...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Check out the pics... definitely not plug and play.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    (blank signature)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-17-2017),Top_Fuel (07-17-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Close-up pics of 2014-2015 standard radio connectors can be found in this thread.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Check out the pics... definitely not plug and play.
    Thanks for the photo, this will help people understand..

I did the retro 2015 Nav to 2014 DE radio, yes the connector is different but you need the factory mitsubishi harness adapter when you pick up your used radio, with that it is plug and play,.. all wiring harness are DE radio type, with the Nav or Apple CarPlay radio, there is a factory adapter you need to make it plug and play.

The 2017+ radio is made by Hyundai, the 2015 Nav Radio by Clarion, and the OE Mitsubishi Radio is by Mitsubishi, they all have their own standard.

See my thread ... http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...trofit-into-DE

I just got the 2017+ Radio and will do the DIY for people who want to do the conversion.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wmo168 For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (07-17-2017),Top_Fuel (07-17-2017)