Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Over 60mph Issue - SOLVED (engine loses power briefly, cruise cancels)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Bad batch of fuel maybe?
    Im still on the same tank so I dunno.

Weird!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    My first thought was fuel starvation until you said cruise cuts off. That seems to point to an engine management issue.
    That was my first thought as well.

Unless... the ECM cancels cruise in the event of a power loss.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Rkt Ship View Post
    Cutting through a curve I've had ABS activate and it acted the same way in the past.
    Do you mean the stability control system activated? I'm guessing so.

I've experienced stability control in the Mirage (and other cars with similar systems), and it's annoying when you're intentionally pushing the limit and it cuts power/activates individual brakes to straighten the car out. Though it's probably less annoying when it's unintentionally sideways.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

Right. I'm not sure about that.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Do you mean the stability control system activated? I'm guessing so.

I've experienced stability control in the Mirage (and other cars with similar systems), and it's annoying when you're intentionally pushing the limit and it cuts power/activates individual brakes to straighten the car out. Though it's probably less annoying when it's unintentionally sideways.
    Yeah thats what I meant.
    Lol probably. Although I did have a slipping problem last winter and the car made it worse trying to brake as I had already regained a semblance of control then when the brakes activated I then started to slide again.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

If it is fuel starvation it seems weird it would only activate at higher speeds. I can redline it at lower speeds and nary an issue.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    So fun fact.....This has yet to happen again over a trip home and a trip back to work.....I'm actually a little pissed because it was relatively consistent now its not happening at all.
    Computers can sense anxiety and will adjust symptoms accordingly lol.

I did have a slipping problem last winter and the car made it worse trying to brake as I had already regained a semblance of control then when the brakes activated I then started to slide again.
    Like this.
    Last edited by Eggman; 07-25-2017 at 04:48 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So for any of you wondering what happened to John did he die in a fiery car crash because he lost power while sweeping through a turn no he did not die he did find out what the problem was brake switch it was a loose brake switch it wasn't any kind of freezes you issue it wasn't a fuel issue heck it wasn't a slipping clutch it was a loose brake switch which probably loosened itself going over the many bumps I had to and from work with this really stiff tein suspension so I got into the car it was just slightly loose and it was when I when I got to it it had only slightly Ben disconnected so when I slit it back into place and I've been running it for a few days I have yet to have another weird loss of power nor have I lost cruise control so there you have it Loose brake switch I apologize for the long run on sentence I dictated this through voice to text and apparently it didn't feel the need to add any punctuation and I am far too lazy to add some myself so there you go

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rkt Ship For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (07-31-2017),Eggman (07-31-2017),Fummins (07-31-2017),MetroMPG (07-31-2017),Top_Fuel (07-31-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Loose brake switch

...I apologize for the long run on sentence I dictated this through voice to text and apparently it didn't feel the need to add any punctuation
    Wow...I started reading that post and almost gave up...lol. Glad you got it fixed and thanks for the update!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)