Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looked at a Mirage, Ready to Buy.. then near Deal Breaker: Driver Seat Headrest & CVT

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I don't like the cruising style sitting position All the same, I goy in my wife's Forester and was able to sit with a good inch of space between my head and the headrest, no push forward experience. I think it would be a good idea for Mitsubishi to add at least a tilt or forward/back position to the headrests. But. I will try again, I will see if a slight recline of the seat helps.. without the ghetto stone cold chillin seating style to compensate, Heh.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    no shame in finding the car just isn't for you. One size does not fit all.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Huh? If you leave it it in "D" it won't rev very much for sure. But taking off in "B" I have no problem revving up 5k plus.
    What I'm trying to say is off the line the CVT isn't going to provide a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    lol. That was my thought too. Even in 'D' it doesn't stall.
    It stalls for about a second. Its not a long period of time but its noticable.

Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    I was talking about making a left in an intersection, with cars coming with a hole for me to proceed. My wife has a CVT in her Forester, and it gets up very well. It might be because this car only had 8 miles on it when I took it out for a test drive. Perhaps the CVT needs to do some kind of calculations and program itself to be able to do basic merging and such? It WAS downright scary. I am not being extreme about this one bit. But, if it just needs a little road time maybe that is just the way it is?
    I guess with a newbie a CVT and 3 cylinder you have to get used to planning your movements. I had no problem turning left onto a large highway road with traffic coming both ways.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    no shame in finding the car just isn't for you. One size does not fit all.
    It's still a big bummer.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I took out a Fiesta 1.0 turbo eco boost. Wow! Fun, good outward vision, saw out of it well, seats were nice and stiff (preference), the only thing I didn't care for was the push button everything on the dash. I did like the gauge cluster. Handling was quite goood. 5 speed had nice gates. I have it on my short list for a bit over a yr down the road possibility. The head room was about the same in Back as the Mirage. Trunk Huge (but I'd likely go Hatch).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    I took out a Fiesta 1.0 turbo eco boost. Wow! Fun, good outward vision, saw out of it well, seats were nice and stiff (preference), the only thing I didn't care for was the push button everything on the dash. I did like the gauge cluster. Handling was quite goood. 5 speed had nice gates. I have it on my short list for a bit over a yr down the road possibility. The head room was about the same in Back as the Mirage. Trunk Huge (but I'd likely go Hatch).
    If you want it new, buy now. The Fiesta is discontinued after this model year.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mainertodd View Post
    If you want it new, buy now. The Fiesta is discontinued after this model year.
    If that is the case it would pay to wait on buying the Fiesta. After awhile the dealers will want them off the lots and you will get a deep discount.

But I got rid of my old 2013 Fiesta. Every time the battery died I would have to bring it to the dealer to have the Transmission Control Module reprogrammed and the second time it happened the dealer charged me for it.

After it happened the second time, I sold the car. I lost alot of money because of that and I am turning by back on Ford from now until forever. I was trying to be patriotic and "Buy American" and all that (only to find out later that my car was built in Mexico)

I am as patriotic as they come but I am not going to over pay for an inferior product anymore (USA Automakers).
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    If that is the case it would pay to wait on buying the Fiesta. After awhile the dealers will want them off the lots and you will get a deep discount.

But I got rid of my old 2013 Fiesta. Every time the battery died I would have to bring it to the dealer to have the Transmission Control Module reprogrammed and the second time it happened the dealer charged me for it.

After it happened the second time, I sold the car. I lost alot of money because of that and I am turning by back on Ford from now until forever. I was trying to be patriotic and "Buy American" and all that (only to find out later that my car was built in Mexico)

I am as patriotic as they come but I am not going to over pay for an inferior product anymore (USA Automakers).
    Lots of "American" cars are now built elsewhere. I wonder how many ppl who have a Chevy crew cab half ton realize their truck is built in Mexico lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Lots of "American" cars are now built elsewhere. I wonder how many ppl who have a Chevy crew cab half ton realize their truck is built in Mexico lol
    Lots of Japanese cars are made in the US, lol. Honda has factories in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama and Ohio. Toyota has factories in Mississippi, West Virginia, and Alabama. Nissan has factories in Mississippi and Tennessee.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Lots of Japanese cars are made in the US, lol. Honda has factories in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama and Ohio. Toyota has factories in Mississippi, West Virginia, and Alabama. Nissan has factories in Mississippi and Tennessee.
    Toyota also has their huge Texas plant where my Tundra was built