Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long before Mitsubishi "SUV-ifies" the Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yep. Cross bar style roof racks are easy to install, but not nearly as easy as adding cross bars to already existing rails. While cross bars reduce efficiency, rails themselves not nearly as noticeable. If you like the look of rails, adding cross bars to them is a two minute off and on process...while the cross bars mounted in the door jam take a longer time. It's all in preference.

(blank signature)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I see your reasoning. I actually dont have much trouble taking off my cross bars because my basket rack holds them together.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not sure if they will but I wouldn't be surprised either. The market is 'swaying' in that direction. In my opinion, it would look more like a 'wagon' than a SUV/CUV. Plus, Mitsubishi already has the Outlander Sport and the upcoming Eclipse-Cross (which sits between the Outlander and Outlander Sport). But then again, you never know.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I never understand mainstream society and their love for SUVs. I have never owned an SUV in my life, never bought a jeep or even a Rav4.

But now that this is all the rage, we are going to see just SUV and CUVs all over the place? They are all so homogenous.

I dont understand the point of it, an SUV is for like driving in the jungle or over rugged terrain. I prefer the best tool for the job (in this case the job is city driving).
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

Daox (07-26-2017),Eggman (07-26-2017)

aftermarket

I just remembered this pic:

But it's not factory, it's aftermarket.

Thread: Mitsubishi 100th Anniv

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

fc321 (07-26-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    I never understand mainstream society and their love for SUVs.
    I understand your sentiment. The majority of the motoring public does not need a SUV.

I drove a CJ-7 and know what it is capable of. For those in rural, rugged areas, a Wrangler is a good choice. It's a good all-purpose vehicle.

For the most part, the long-standing success of the Jeep, along with laws such as the Chicken Tax, has brought about today's SUV market. For many years imported trucks were taxed at higher rates to protect the US domestic automakers. SUVs are a way to get around that tax.

Marketing extras that separate one's product from others allows higher profit margins. As long as automakers can make big profits from them, they will continue to make them.

Brother - look at the Porsche Cayenne!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

fc321 (07-26-2017)