Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Used vs. New?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bolo View Post
    ...the Fuelly numbers for the Mirage are disappointing.
    ...Even the logs on this site have some cars with low or mediocre numbers.
    ...This is disappointing for a 3 cylinder car.
    The Mirage gives you all the tools to obtain great fuel economy...you just have to learn how to use them.

My Geo Metro reliably got over 50 MPG no matter how I drove it.
    That's where the Mirage and Metro differ. Unless you drive a Mirage with an eye toward fuel economy, you are going to get average fuel mileage. You can't hot-rod one of these things around with the AC blasting and be shocked when you're barely getting 38mpg. But many people are OK with that.

I just do common sense driving for fuel mileage (no engine-off coasting or anything radical) and have no problem averaging 50+ mpg. And that's with 15" wheels and a booming aftermarket stereo. So it is possible. I just think with low gas prices, people don't care as much...even if they're driving a Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

bolo (08-17-2017)

Considering future parts availability, I think the Fiat 500's days (new sales) in North America are numbered. Sales have been declining sharply for several years:

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01...s-figures.html

On the other hand, the Mirage's US sales have increased each year it's been available.

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...rporate-trivia

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by bolo View Post
    My Fiat gets 40 MPG and it's a 4 cylinder car. My Geo Metro reliably got over 50 MPG no matter how I drove it.
    If you're getting good numbers from those cars, you'll get good numbers from a Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

bolo (08-17-2017)