Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket seats and seat rails?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Aftermarket seats and seat rails?

After having no real luck on this, I was wondering has anyone else had any luck finding aftermarket seats? I know the seat rail would have to be custom, but not finding any luck with seats. I also have been considering maybe trying evo seats as well. Any help is appreciated!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emizel View Post
    After having no real luck on this, I was wondering has anyone else had any luck finding aftermarket seats? I know the seat rail would have to be custom, but not finding any luck with seats. I also have been considering maybe trying evo seats as well. Any help is appreciated!!
    I'm just guessing that Outlander Sport seats would be direct fit? They also have seat mounted side air bags.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Worth a shot, tbh i think the hardest part for any aftermarket seat is going to be the rails since ours is different than any car i have been in or driven

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Aftermarket seats? There are a million of those, it's the brackets and adapters that don't exist for our cars. I would love to get a more supportive driver seat, but it would have to be a completely custom install.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybeaver View Post
    Aftermarket seats? There are a million of those, it's the brackets and adapters that don't exist for our cars. I would love to get a more supportive driver seat, but it would have to be a completely custom install.
    Yeah, I meant to say brackets but my brain is all tired lol, and yeah, I think I might work with a friend amd see if him and I can make a custom one

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would look into OEM seats first. If per say, older Lancer seats fit our car then the Lancer aftermarket will fit.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Smafety third. Sounds like a hassle to me. You'll likely disable the airbags if you change the seats regardless of what you choose. (unless you know how to get around that). Say you get in an accident, have a passenger injured because of the airbags now don't work or have crappy homemade seat brackets fall apart, get sued. Or loan your car out they crash. blah blah blah... I know lots of people do it but I figured I'd list some reasons not to bother. I know they have poor resale already, why make it basically unsaleable and kinda un-insurable. I wouldn't want the liability should something happen.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I replaced my oem diner chairs with a set of SR3s, custom rail are needed. There will not be an SRS warning and all the other airbags work as normal if you keep the the driver seat position sensor and passenger occupancy sensor and install some 3.3 ohm resistors in the place of the the seat airbags.

Attached Images Attached Images  

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to natas For This Useful Post:

Angrybeaver (08-01-2017),Emizel (07-30-2017),Gnarles2 (08-01-2017),Marklovski (07-31-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Welcome back natas - long time no post!

Any chance you could post better pictures and more detail about this?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    At that point? Time to look at different cars. The mods could impact the safety and engineering of how and what direction the air bags go off.

Get that sporty car with better seats? Or, live with the stock set up?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to djkenny For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-31-2017)