Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mitsubishi in Deland, FL advertising amazing prices

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm too tired to do the math, but I got my 2012 Nissan Versa for $14,600 OTD (MSRP $16,300), my 2014 Mirage for $13,300 OTD (MSRP $16,200) and helped my mom get her 2015 Outlander Sport for $21,900 OTD (MSRP $25,600). Bought new. I feel like we've made off like bandits.

Speaking of dealers adding on extra bogus fee's at signing. Has anyone got stuck getting those useless antitheft stickers all over the door jams, windows and body panels? I don't know what dealers charge for that junk but I can tell you it is just another way to throw your money away. This one https://www.firstcanadian.ca/docs/br...onBrochure.pdf is based out of Alberta but I'm sure the same idea if all over the place. Looks super scammy. If buying new try to get out of letting them charge for that "service".

Edit: before I say anymore bad things and put my foot in my mouth. Again... I'll let you know if they are actually legit and pay the $5000 towards a replacement car that went mia and never recovered like their brochure claims?
    Last edited by Fummins; 07-06-2017 at 09:47 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've not heard of that particular scam, but I've heard of the VIN etching. Similar concept I guess. Also a scam and waste of money. Other scams I'm aware of are nitrogen in the tires, fabric protection, and I'm sure there are others. Dealers tack these onto the MSRP and can literally total thousands of dollars. I saw a dealership adding $2,000 in dealer add-ons to every single car. It's all a complete ripoff. If you see an additional window sticker next to the factory window sticker, flat out tell them you want a car without those add-ons and the start of negotiations is based on the MSRP. They'll hate you, but that just means you're getting a properly good deal.