Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back with a 2017 Mirage ES

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kerc View Post
    I find the stock covers really dull and flat. This is a temporary change that looks way better until I get 15" wheels.
    Sorry, I thought they looked like something from an auto parts store. Totally Subjective. Respect.
    What aftermarket ones are you thinking of? I like Sparco.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kerc View Post
    I had sold my old green Mirage a while ago so that I could have only one bank payment, but now things have gotten better and I was on the market for a new car... Since I've always been smitten by the efficiency, low cost, and charm of the Mirage, I went to the dealership yesterday and got me this:

Attachment 9755

One thing I've noticed is that there's a big difference between the 2014 model and the 2017! Suspension is way better, no more 2CV floatiness, the interior materials are better, and it's more silent. I'm pretty happy!
    Glad to know it wasn't my imagination thinking my 2017 was nicer than my 2015. It seems the hatchback is more refined as well. Good looking ride, the bright red looks great.

Woohoo! Glad to see you back with a '17.

I agree, the improvement over the '14/15 is decent. The '17 has the improvements that Mitsubishi should have had on the car when it debuted in North America.

Better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    That's good to hear because I have a set of struts/springs/shocks from a 2017 waiting to go on my 2015.
    Ooo! Wrecker-sourced? Have you posted a thread on this yet?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Wow, sexy color! I have a white one and have never seen red. Rented one red car (Hyundai Veloster) and scratched it, it was pretty painful to restore the paint.
    Vovanchik and Mirage Musya

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 40.3 mpg (US) ... 17.1 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Woohoo! Glad to see you back with a '17.

I agree, the improvement over the '14/15 is decent. The '17 has the improvements that Mitsubishi should have had on the car when it debuted in North America.

Better late than never.

Ooo! Wrecker-sourced? Have you posted a thread on this yet?
    Mitsubishi has a different philosophy on introducing cars it would seem. Step one is make it work. Step two, make it nicer.

They introduced a third world car to North America as an experiment, I believe. The '14 and '15 cars became somewhat popular, and I'd say a cult formed around them with certain people. So they made a version that had more refinements and an appeal to a greater market, without making it more expensive.

They introduced a third world car to North America as an experiment, I believe.
    They did it out of desperation, I believe. Dealers on this side of the pond were starving (still starving) for new product. ANY product! It's all corporate had ready at the time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)