Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mirage Juro. About to get one

Country
    UK
    Thanks

Mirage Juro. About to get one

Hello good people (and the bad) I'm getting, tomorrow a used 2017 Mirage Juro. I getting shot of the Fiat, Fiat means, in the UK at least [Fix It Again Tomorrow). I searched the tube of you and found people actually slated this car, one one site I left two comments, check below.
    After driving one I found it utterly acceptable, OK, the steering was as bad as that on a Roman Chariot but it drove good.

What I want to ask here are there any problem areas that need attention, any foibles to note?
    Thanks in advance.

https://youtu.be/DD_Mk1dvLSo

These cars are pretty reliable. My work has over 40 of them now. I've changed a few cvt's with around 300k kms on them. I change the fluid more often since then. You'll hear the odd quirk here and there but overall these cars are far more reliable and easy to work on than than other stuff I've worked on. A few members here with 5 speeds had clutch cables break but otherwise not a lot of problems with them.

In Canada they offer a 10 year 160k kms fully transferable powertrain warranty. That's the best warranty I can find for a cheap car. Most other mfg's only give 5 year/100k kms.
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-19-2019 at 03:46 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Yep, they're pretty reliable. Get the alignment checked, air up the tires and take it easy motoring around. The Mirage will reward you with impressive fuel economy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

itschad (06-20-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Hello good people (and the bad) I'm getting, tomorrow a used 2017 Mirage Juro. I getting shot of the Fiat, Fiat means, in the UK at least [Fix It Again Tomorrow). I searched the tube of you and found people actually slated this car, one one site I left two comments, check below.
    After driving one I found it utterly acceptable, OK, the steering was as bad as that on a Roman Chariot but it drove good.

What I want to ask here are there any problem areas that need attention, any foibles to note?
    Thanks in advance.
    You'll enjoy your 2017 Mirage Juro. I have a 2017 Mirage ES (manual), & I am very happy with it. I does exactly what I want a small, economy car to do.

When I started shopping for a Mirage, I felt the European reviews of the car were more accurate. I like this one in particular. I believe the original review was done in German & redone in English. It helped my purchase decision at the time. Sounds like you have already made your decision, & this forum will help confirm your good choice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVi3hYruIqU

My Mirage has just turned over 25,000 miles recently, & it has been super dependable. Mine is pretty much stock except for a rear sway bar, custom front seat covers, and WeatherTech floor mats up front. I've had the rear sway bar for about a year now, & it improved the driving dynamics (feels more planted on the road) of the car.

Overall, I think UK Mirage has many nice standard features. I remember having this discussion some time back with someone from the UK. At the time, the UK model offered two options. Those options were manual/CVT & cloth/leather seats. Those options may have changed?

Enjoy your new purchase!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

itschad (06-19-2019)

searched the tube of you and found people actually slated this car, one one site I left two comments, check below.
    Nice!

When you sort the comments to show recent ones first, there's a lot of positive feedback about the car from actual owners.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

itschad (06-19-2019)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Thanks for that Mark. Christ a 40 minute review, should have had my popcorn and coke ready. Yes, a more in depth review devoid of criticism and I feel quite fairly compared to other reviews.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I searched the tube of you and found people actually slated this car, one one site I left two comments, check below.
    According to your comments, you went to the dealership to relive the 1990's (poke fun of the Mirage). The result of that of that visit was a Mirage purchase! I find that sort of funny!

Personally, I don't remember 1990's cars as being bad. They were simple & quite dependable. I felt vehicles make great strides in that decade. For example, I don't miss the carburetor issues of the cars before that time.

Since we don't have them here & Mitsubishi has merged with Renault/Nissan, I would like your take on Renault vehicles? Do you have an opinion on them in general? Well made cars, not so well made?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

itschad (06-20-2019)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Nice!

When you sort the comments to show recent ones first, there's actually a lot of positive feedback about the car from actual owners.
    Yes I had read some of the positives but I cannot believe the car got mullered so badly. I kept an open mind on the quite lengthy test drive, I'm an ex driving instructor, taught some police how to drive and an Institute of Advanced Motoring award so I know all about driving. The car was well behaved and a pleasant place to be. I look forward to using it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Adam - UK (06-19-2019)

What are the odds! ANOTHER ex/current driving instructor on this forum! Are we up to 5 now?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Overall, I think UK Mirage has many nice standard features. I remember having this discussion some time back with someone from the UK. At the time, the UK model offered two options. Those options were manual/CVT & cloth/leather seats. Those options may have changed?

Enjoy your new purchase![/QUOTE]

might have been me

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam - UK For This Useful Post:

itschad (06-20-2019)