Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Habla espanol? Problem with water pump? 2014 Mirage

Habla espanol? Problem with water pump? 2014 Mirage

How's your Spanish??

Received this message from a non-member through the "Contact Us" page on the forum.

Subject: ruido

Hola tengo un mirage 2014 con ruedo en el motor me parece que es la bomba de agua tendran informacion o registro de algun caso gracias
    Based on what Google translate says, I believe they're saying there's a noise in the engine, water pump?

Are they asking if there's any documented cases of this?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

PS: I'm going to reply to them with a link to this thread. Feel free to post in English & Spanish.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That is how it translates for me. Noise in water pump?

I don't recall anyone having water pump issues.

Quick search...

Nope, no water pump issues. We've heard of an AC compressor failing though.

I haven't seen a water pump failure either. Maybe they need to tighten or replace the belt?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Thanks
    Hasta el momento no hay ningún registro acerca de algún fallo de la bomba de agua en nuestro foro

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jcpr For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-18-2017)

Gracias, Jcpr

Country
    Panama
    Thanks
    He says that there´s a noise coming from the engine, he thinks that the problem might be the water pump. I actually had a defective water pump after 1 year of use. At first it had a very loud sound when the car was cold, then it just got worse. One day I noticed that the high temperature light was on, so I stopped and all the coolant was drained because the water pump just broke. I had to wait for a tow truck, because it would drain any fluid in the coolant tank. (Mine is also a Mirage 2014 AT) ¡Saludos desde Panamá!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kreimerka For This Useful Post:

Eggman (08-19-2017),MetroMPG (08-20-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Thanks for that info, kreimerka. I hope it helps figure out what's going on.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kreimerka View Post
    He says that there´s a noise coming from the engine, he thinks that the problem might be the water pump. I actually had a defective water pump after 1 year of use. At first it had a very loud sound when the car was cold, then it just got worse. One day I noticed that the high temperature light was on, so I stopped and all the coolant was drained because the water pump just broke. I had to wait for a tow truck, because it would drain any fluid in the coolant tank. (Mine is also a Mirage 2014 AT) ¡Saludos desde Panamá!
    Good info. ¡Saludos!.