Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know how to fix this bumper dent? Update: solved!

At least if the paint does flake it won't be too noticable. Lucky for you the bumper is black beneath the paint. Next time I pull a bumper maybe I'll try to do a write up on how to if that hasn't been done yet?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Bernadine (08-17-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    At least if the paint does flake it won't be too noticable. Lucky for you the bumper is black beneath the paint. Next time I pull a bumper maybe I'll try to do a write up on how to if that hasn't been done yet?
    That would be helpful, Fummins.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Hi Bernadine, I hit a deep hole that leave same damage to my bumper. Did you finally able to fix your bumper?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeYourSOUL View Post
    Hi Bernadine, I hit a deep hole that leave same damage to my bumper. Did you finally able to fix your bumper?
    No, I decided to leave it as is. It's not too noticeable, and it doesn't affect the car. You can remove the bumper and straighten it out if you have the time and resources.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I joined this club this weekend after finding what was apparently a really deep pothole on the road to a beach. It also popped the connection clips between the bumper and the fender. The local body shop quoted about 2 hours of labor to return it to almost new...probably just going to let them do that as life is busy. Lesson learned...pay the stupid tax.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gone2Alpine For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-10-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Where I live in a big city there are plenty of mobile dent repair companies. They come out to your house and the price is "reasonable"

I would watch them do it and then after you see how you can do it yourself the next time. I know you can get those suction cup things at harbor Freight Tools for under $5

If you want to try "something" than buy one of those and try sucking out a dent or 2. Mine has dents all over and its only 2 years old. This car is as fragile as an empty beer can on the outside.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

That would work good for most dents but it's not gonna fix this problem caused by hitting potholes or parking curbs. The bottom corner of the rad support gets pushed backwards causing the upper outer corner of the bumper to bow out/crease where it clips to the fender.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The dent is the bumper, not the fender, all mirage has that, no way you can fix it unless you SUPER GLUE a metal plate to support it. . The mounting point and the bumper itself are thin... once you snap it in, it buckled

Quote Originally Posted by wmo168 View Post
    The dent is the bumper, not the fender, all mirage has that, no way you can fix it unless you SUPER GLUE a metal plate to support it. . The mounting point and the bumper itself are thin... once you snap it in, it buckled
    See posts 1,3,6,8,10 17...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, here's how we fixed it. The best local body shop said it was a two hour fix but couldn't get to it for a couple of weeks. In the mean time, it became clear that our primary AWD car was having some age issues...so I parted ways with my Mirage to trade it in for a Crosstrek. Clearly the mileage is not as good as the Mirage at 33mpg, but the alternative was to drive our Tacoma at 18 mpg for much of the winter.

Sad to see the Mirage go, but it filled a need over the last year where we just couldn't afford much more.

The funny thing is...the dealer that took it in trade put it on the lot and took pictures without fixing it either. They didn't even bother removing two stickers from the back. Good luck Mirage world...will wave on the road.

Name:  8bba8a8c31ff5c2c15dcfe4bc94840c1x.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  27.8 KB

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gone2Alpine For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-23-2017)