Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Mirage Drops Manual Transmission for SE Trim

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

2018 Mirage Drops Manual Transmission for SE Trim

Mitsubishi's website now has the 2018 Mirage info. When going to the "Build and Price" area, you can now only get the ES with the five-speed manual. Both SE and GT are CVT only.

This his hardly surprising. Nissan did the same thing with the Versa a couple years back. So did Kia. You want to row your own gears? You'll need to get the base model.

Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    Mitsubishi's website now has the 2018 Mirage info. When going to the "Build and Price" area, you can now only get the ES with the five-speed manual. Both SE and GT are CVT only.

This his hardly surprising. Nissan did the same thing with the Versa a couple years back. So did Kia. You want to row your own gears? You'll need to get the base model.
    Do you mean you can only get an es with a 5spd or you can only get a 5spd in an es?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    ...or you can only get a 5spd in an es?
    I think that's what the deal is. If you want a manual transmission, you apparently have no need for cruise control, fog lights, etc?!?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Do you mean you can only get an es with a 5spd or you can only get a 5spd in an es?
    According to the Mitsubishi website, you can only get the ES with the manual transmission for 2018.

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/build/2018/MG44

That would suck. All our car's here are es cvt's. Might have to buy up a few more before that happens.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    That would suck. All our car's here are es cvt's. Might have to buy up a few more before that happens.
    At least in the US, the ES is available with either transmission. Not sure about the Canada.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    At least in the US, the ES is available with either transmission. Not sure about the Canada.
    I didn't mean all the ES's in canada are cvt, I meant all the 30 something Mirage ES cars at my work are cvt.

Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    According to the Mitsubishi website, you can only get the ES with the manual transmission for 2018.

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/build/2018/MG44
    I think you're mistaken. https://www.mitsubishicars.com/build...20METALLIC/A80

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I see that it does 37/43 MPG which lower than earlier models as far as I know. Is Mitsubishi being more conservative with their fuel efficiency estimates or the car became heavier?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    I didn't mean all the ES's in canada are cvt, I meant all the 30 something Mirage ES cars at my work are cvt.
    I know what you meant! I only wanted to point out that the link provided shows CVT as an option for that trim.

And with your next post you demonstrate just that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-25-2017)