Thread: Installing front license plate on 2017 Mirage hatchback

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Installing front license plate on 2017 Mirage hatchback

Hello all,

I need some help and it's a little time sensitive. My girlfriend bought a 2017 Mirage hatchback from West Virginia (a state that doesn't require front license plates) and she just moved to Virginia (where they're required). She registered her vehicle and got the plates, but I was looking for ways to mount it without drilling the bumper or damaging it.

I scoured the internet for different options, and so far I've seen "Skene Design," which is kind of pricey but it seems to do the job, though I'm a little confused by the minimal drilling part in the lower part of the bumper, and it isn't made completely clear where the drill is supposed to go. I haven't been able to find anything specific for this vehicle and others say there's no way of doing it without drilling through the bumper.

Has anyone had to deal with this before? What's the best and cheapest way that requires minimal to no drilling to mount the front plate on a 2017 Mirage hatchback? I'm just trying to see if there's some kind of way that anyone here knows about that I couldn't stumble upon.

Thanks in advance.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Here are a couple of ideas that don't require drilling holes in the front bumper...

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...ht=front+plate

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...ht=front+plate

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I've looked into putting it into the tow hook, but there's a chance the 2017 model doesn't have one (someone correct me if that's not the case) and I'm at work right now so I can't look at the car. I looked up pictures of the front of the car and they either don't seem to have them or I can't see them.

If there's no tow hook, what other options are there?

Edit: Never mind, I can see that there is one. I'll try it out and hope for the best.

Thanks!