Thread: New owner here! Hi!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Talking New owner here! Hi!

Hi everyone,

Just picked up a used 2015 Mirage ES in black with the CVT, one owner, 24k miles. I own a 2016 Mazda MX-5 that I was using for commuting 80 miles a day. Found the Mirage and picked it up for a song. I was looking for an efficient vehicle to help save some miles on the Miata. So far it's a very impressive car for the money!

Just wanted to say hello!

Last edited by miatakevin; 08-31-2017 at 09:13 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Welcome aboard!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Welcome, miatakevin!

Congrats on the new-to-you Mirage. Mind sharing what "for a song" was in your case?

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

After getting out of the Miata, do you not find the Mirage suspension to be hilariously (and/or upsettingly) soft & rolly? Any plans to firm it up? FYI, 2017 springs/dampers are better, and retrofittable. An aftermarket rear stabilizer bar is available too.

Thread: What do you think about the Mirage / Space Star suspension and handling?

FYI, there are more than a couple of other Miata owners in our Mirage community. I just joined the ranks: my $950 beater 1990 Miata went on the road on Friday (after much welding of a rusty floor). It's such a hoot to drive. It guzzles gas compared to a Mirage or Metro though! The gearing is insanely short (which is a big part of the fun, I admit). My ideal Miata transmission would keep the tight ratio 1-4, but with a taller 5th gear for cruising.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  DSC_0136.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  97.4 KBHere's a pic!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to miatakevin For This Useful Post:

Eggman (08-31-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Welcome, miatakevin!

Congrats on the new-to-you Mirage. Mind sharing what "for a song" was in your case?

Thread: How much did you pay for your Mirage?

After getting out of the Miata, do you not find the Mirage suspension to be hilariously (and/or upsettingly) soft & rolly? Any plans to firm it up? FYI, 2017 springs/dampers are better, and retrofittable. An aftermarket rear stabilizer bar is available too.

Thread: What do you think about the Mirage / Space Star suspension and handling?

FYI, there are more than a couple of other Miata owners in our Mirage community. I just joined the ranks: my $950 beater 1990 Miata went on the road on Friday (after much welding of a rusty floor). It's such a hoot to drive. It guzzles gas compared to a Mirage or Metro though! The gearing is insanely short (which is a big part of the fun, I admit). My ideal Miata transmission would keep the tight ratio 1-4, but with a taller 5th gear for cruising.
    The car was around $7k before tax. And let's just say that the Miata and Mirage are very different vehicles. ;-)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miatakevin View Post
    Hi everyone,

Just picked up a used 2015 Mirage ES in black with the CVT, 24k miles.
    Hello miatakevin and welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of Mirage enthusiasts here willing to help you make the most of your car.

Am I correct in assuming that you purchased through a Mitsubishi dealer? If so, hopefully you get warranty coverage.

That being said be sure to get the alignment checked. Some Mirages shipped with rear axles out of specifications. This can be taken care of under warranty. Some dealers have taken care of any problems without question, some have been reluctant to make it right. Mitsubishi Motors North America is aware of the problem and will cover it under warranty. The important step is getting the alignment documented.

The Mirage shipped with Dunlop Enasaves from the factory. Take note of what tires you have, if any have been replaced and note wear patterns. The Enasaves should last more than 24,000 miles.

Again, welcome.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-01-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello miatakevin and welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of Mirage enthusiasts here willing to help you make the most of your car.

Am I correct in assuming that you purchased through a Mitsubishi dealer? If so, hopefully you get warranty coverage.

That being said be sure to get the alignment checked. Some Mirages shipped with rear axles out of specifications. This can be taken care of under warranty. Some dealers have taken care of any problems without question, some have been reluctant to make it right. Mitsubishi Motors North America is aware of the problem and will cover it under warranty. The important step is getting the alignment documented.

The Mirage shipped with Dunlop Enasaves from the factory. Take note of what tires you have, if any have been replaced and note wear patterns. The Enasaves should last more than 24,000 miles.

Again, welcome.
    Thanks for the helpful information! Yes, I purchased through a Mitsu dealership. Car has remaining factory bumper-to-bumper and 5yr 60k powertrain. The alignment seems very good, but I may have them check it since it's a known issue. The car appears to have the factory Dunlops on it, there is decent life left but they do need to be rotated. It's a very nice car! Someone took good care of it! It has alot of chrome accents that I haven't seen on others. I'm not sure what package that would have been, but it definitely spruces it up!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to miatakevin For This Useful Post:

Eggman (08-31-2017)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome, Hope you're gonna like your Mirage
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome aboard! I always loved traveling through Alabama, but never stayed. Seems like a great place. Nice Mirage!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site, and congrats on the Mirage.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)